The London Tab is looking for new writers: Come write for us!

Come to our open meeting at 6:30pm on Monday 29th January at the UCL Institute Bar!

Are you interested in joining The London Tab? If crafting witty opinion pieces, breaking the hottest news on campus or creating trending TikToks sounds fun — you are in the right place!

We are written by students, for students and covering anything London-related. Through witty banter, light-hearted takes and hard-hitting news reports, we bring tales from London universities to life.

Our coverage ranges from reviewing the newest Wetherspoons to reporting protests on campus. 

What we are looking for

We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated university students to provide relevant news or feature articles on all London-related content.

This requires a drive to dig up the juiciest stories on campus and pursue them thoroughly. You will also need a genuine passion for sharing your thoughts and uncovering narratives. This involves as little or as much time and commitment you want to put into The Tab.

You do not need any writing experience — as long as you are (un)lucky enough to be attending a London university, you can join us.

What we offer

If you are interested in a career in journalism, The Tab writers have gone on to pursue careers at the BBC, Bloomberg and The Times amongst others.

On the other hand, if you are set on becoming a corporate slave in the city, the skills you will develop with us will look excellent on your CV. You will work with our editorial team at The Tab HQ on every article you produce — polishing your written communication, collaboration and organisational skills.

Next steps

We’ll be having our open meeting at 6:30pm on Monday 29th January at the UCL Institute Bar (cheap drinks!) so don’t be afraid to come along for a drink and a chat and see if you like the vibe.

If you’re ready to join up already, just send us an email at [email protected] with your full name and a link to your Facebook account so we can add you to our team!

If you have any other questions about applying for one of roles then please do not hesitate to get in touch with us via email, Instagram or Facebook.

We went to the brand new Wetherspoons next to UCL and here’s how it went

• I went to Scala (mostly) sober and here’s exactly what it was like

• Seven unconventional ways of saving money as a London university student