These are the essential apps every Leeds student needs to download

A free coffee is always worth losing a little bit of storage

There are so many apps out there and it can often create clutter on your device while your storage is crying in the corner. But there are some apps out there that are definitely worth downloading, especially as a Leeds student, in order to save money or find studying hacks.

So, here is a list of essential apps that you can download to make your student life easier.

UNiDAYS

This is the best app I have discovered since being a student and, trust me, it is the most essential one.

UNiDAYS is a student-discount app that features over 600 brands including clothing, cafes, technology, beauty, giveaways, subscriptions, travel and more. The “Today’s Treat” section in the app offers major discounts every day of the week be it a £2 Black Sheep coffee or doughnuts from Krispy Kreme on a Thursday evening.

Splitzy

Splitzy is an app made originally by Leeds students for students.

It’s useful for large gatherings, mainly clubs and societies, as it helps with peer to peer payments that help you get back your money, split costs with others as well as label your payments accordingly. And why not support former UoL students?

Evernote

Bombarded with assignments? Evernote is your friend. From essay research and lecture notes to to-do lists and reading lists, Evernote has everything covered. It has multiple features that allow you to arrange your class notes as well as organise your ideas for assignments. I have been using this app ever since the semester began and it has done wonders for me, making note-making so much more bearable. You can also plan the week ahead of you with the task manager and calendar function on the app.

It’s the perfect app to stay organised and alleviate the stresses of student life.

Fatsoma

The weekend is here and you’re heading out, but do you need a ticket to your desired event? Yes? Well then, Fatsoma is the right app for you.

Fatsoma helps you find something great to do, be it club nights, live gigs, trying out new food or a new class – it’s got you covered. You can also buy all your tickets to any social events here or become a student rep promoter and earn some cash.

GFaL Rewards (Great Food at Leeds) 

This app is a must-have for all students of UoL. The app manages the food outlets on campus and gives you access to exclusive offers and bonus points. The points enable you to redeem rewards every now and then too. Also, you get a free hot drink upon signing up. Anything for a freebie.

Student Beans

On a tight budget? With over 750 discount options on your favourite brands, including Uber Eats, ASOS, Pandora, Lenovo, and more, Student Beans has you covered. Sign up for free, all you need to be is a student.

MiXR

The most anticipated weekend night out is made simple with MiXR as it allows you to reserve the best bars and clubs in the area for gatherings and provides benefits like food and drink discounts. Get queue jumps, free drinks and exclusive discounts upon registering on app at places like The Dry Dock, The Merchant, The Library, Hyde Park etc.

Any.do

As a student, Any.do has been a huge assistance. Its ability to create repetitive tasks is helpful for planning daily schedules and assignments. Any.do also allows you to combine your calendar app with your schedules, saving a lot of time on admin.

Related articles recommended by this writer: