Image may contain: Shop, Paper, Brochure, Flyer, Postal Office, Poster, Advertisement, Door

An 18-year-old girl has died of an overdose in Warehouse

She was described as sweet and caring

A young woman has died in hospital after suffering a suspected MDMA overdose in The Warehouse nightclub this Monday.

18-year-old Courtney Chamberlin allegedly collapsed in the toilets of The Warehouse in the early hours of the morning and was taken outside by a security guard for fresh air and water.

An ambulance was then called at 3am and Courtney was rushed to Leeds General Infirmary where she was pronounced dead shortly after.

A 19-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of supplying class A drugs but has now been released.

Detective Inspector Amanda Wimbles, of the Leeds Criminal Investigation Department, said: “Taking illegal substances is incredibly dangerous and I would urge anyone considering doing so to think twice before doing so.

“We are supporting the family of the deceased.”

Courtney's friends have paid tribute to her, saying: "I have no words and I don’t think I ever will.

"You were beautiful inside and out and I am so lucky that I got to create so many amazing memories with you that I will never forget.

"I will cherish every moment we spent together and I will miss you always."

A tribute outside the venue read: "To Courtney, you were such a sweet, caring young lady and it was a pleasure to have met you and dance away the night with you."

Featured image via Google maps.