Man dies after motorbike and tractor crash this morning

A man has died after the crash on Quernmore Road this morning

A man has passed away after a road collision this morning.

The man in his 70s has been pronounced dead at the scene after suffering serious injuries.

The collision took place this morning on Quernmore Road between a motorbike and tractor.

Lancaster Area Police stated: “We were called at around 10.20am today (February 27) to Quernmore Road, near to its junction with Postern Gate Road, to a report of a collision between a motorbike and a tractor.

“Very sadly, the motorcyclist – a man in his 70s – suffered serious injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene.”

The road remained shut for a number of hours after the collision.
Sgt Steve Hardman of Lancashire Police’s Serious Collision Investigation Unit, stated: “This was a tragic incident and our thoughts are with the man’s family at this very sad time.
“We would like to hear from anyone who witnessed the collision or has dashcam footage from the area as we continue our investigation.”
Police are appealing for witnesses and drivers with dashcam footage from the area at around the time of the collision.
Anyone with information or footage should call 101 or email [email protected] – quoting log 0417 of February 27, 2023.
Featured image via Lancaster Area Police on Facebook.

Related articles recommended by this writer: