Lancaster University students invited to take part in Research Conference

This will be the fourth annual Undergraduate Research Conference

Undergraduate students at Lancaster University have been invited to participate in the fourth annual Undergraduate Research Conference.

This academic year’s conference will be taking place from the 14th to the 16th of March 2023 online.

It is labelled as a “chance to engage with students from across the University’s teaching partnerships in the UK and overseas.”

Those participating will be given the opportunity to present research that they have completed either as a part of, or alongside, studies for their degree.

The conference is open to students from all degrees, and Lancaster students will present alongside students from “LU Ghana, LU Leipzig, Beijing Jiaotong University and Sunway University, as well as UA92, Blackburn College, and Blackpool and The Fylde College.”

The event will be hosted by the university’s Vice Chancellor, Professor Andy Schofield.

Dr Christopher Macleod, the academic lead for the conference, said: “The Conference provides a really excellent opportunity for students to interact with their peers from around the world, and to gain experience in presenting to an international audience.

“At Lancaster University, we are all – academic staff and students – engaged in the same basic enterprise of exploring and thinking about our subject. The UG Conference is a really exciting chance to hear what students have been working on.”

In preparation, participating students must “create and upload a poster to an interactive website, introducing their work”, as well as deliver a talk, followed by a discussion.

There will also be a programme run during Lent term, which will involve “subject and skills seminars.”

Those interested in applying can find out more information here.

Related articles recommended by this writer: