Fitness giant Les Mills brings employment opportunities to Lancaster students

‘A great career opportunity that allows you to work around your studies and pays £25 an hour’

Sport Lancaster has announced that they will be hosting an event in collaboration with fitness company Les Mills on Thursday 3rd November.

Directed at students, the “Instructor Experience” event will help attendees to learn about “what it takes to work in the fitness industry as a Les Mills Class Instructor.”

Les Mills is an Australian-based fitness organisation that aims to create “life-changing fitness shaped by science”. It currently employs over 140,00 fitness instructors across the world as part of its 16 fitness programs.

Sport Lancaster began hosting Les Mills classes at the beginning of 2022 as part of a push to encourage group exercise at the University. Helen Loftus, Associate Director of Sport at Lancaster, told LU Sport News: “The partnership has enabled us to run three of the world’s most popular and recognisable group exercise programmes.”

The event is free to attend and runs from 10-11.30am, starting with an introduction to Les Mills at 10am, a Body Pump Class at 10:15, and finishing with a Q&A session at 11am and further details on how you can become an instructor, before drawing to a close at 11.30am.

It will take place at the Sports Centre on campus and is advertised as “a great career opportunity that allows you to work around your studies and pays £25 an hour.”

Those wishing to attend should register their place here.

Related articles recommended by this writer: