All of the Halloween events happening in Lancaster

All the goings-on you need to know about for Halloween week

With Halloween slowly creeping up on us, Lancaster students are busy organising their spooky costumes and making plans. Since there are so many events popping up across Lancaster, it can be easy to forget what’s going on. So to help with the process, we’ve made a list of everything that is going on over the next ten days that you need to know about.

Crafty Scholar Halloweek

From Monday 24th October until 31st October, The Crafty Scholar has announced on its website that they “are going all out to provide some terrifyingly good entertainment for you”. They will also be providing “unmissable offers on our goulish shots and limited edition cocktails!”.

You can make a booking for Halloweek on The Crafty Scholar’s website here.

The Sugarhouse

On Monday 31st October, as part of its Twisted Circus, The Sugarhouse will be hosting LF System, the artist behind Afraid to Feel. LUSU have put the poster for the event on its website, which can also be found on campus. Tickets start at £5 and have not yet been released but will be made available on Eventbrite.

Take 2 Cinema

Take 2 Cinema will be showing The Corpse Bride as their Halloween screening from 28th-31st October. Tickets cost £4.50 and can be purchased on the Lancaster University Student’s Union website or within Take 2 Cinema’s box office.

Tickets for Friday are available here, Saturday here, Sunday here, and Monday here, and a list of all of the films showing at Take 2 Cinema in Michaelmas term can be found here.

Dark Dukes

The Duke’s Theatre is hosting the new Dark Dukes festival across 5 days this October. On its website, The Dukes says “Dark Dukes is a new festival for Lancaster, launching this Halloween and celebrating all things disturbing and spooky. Across five days the festival will showcase an array of contemporary and classic horror films.”

Lancaster Hauntings, Hangings & Horrid Happenings will be shown on Wednesday 26th and is free to attend.

Ganja & Hess (18) will be shown on Wednesday 26th and costs £6.50.

Vampyr (PG) will be shown on Friday 28th and costs £6.50.

100 Years of the Vampire Film: From Nosferatu to Bram Stoker’s Dracula will be shown on Saturday 29th and is free to attend.

The Lost Boys (15) will be shown on Saturday 29th and costs £6.50.

Nosferatu (PG) will be shown on Saturday 29th and Sunday 30th, which costs £6.50.

Bram Stoker’s Dracula (18) will be shown on Sunday 30th and costs £6.50

Vampire Hunter D-Bloodlust (15) will be shown on Sunday 30th and costs £6.50.

Kanteena

Kanteena will be hosting Escape Events’ Haunted House 6 event on Saturday 29th October. Escape Events has said to “expect the unexpected with huge efforts going into the decor and effects!” The lineup includes D.O.D, Summer J, Matt Thiss, and Weiss. Tickets are available on Skiddle, with student tickets costing £11.20.

Kanteena is also holding a Trick or Treat II Halloween party on 28th October. Downstairs there will be Black Parade vs Psycho Social, and upstairs there will be Ritual Noise.

Tickets are available here and here. Kanteena has said on its website for tickets that there’s “only one required for full venue access.”

Related articles recommended by this writer:

Featured image credit before edits via Łukasz Nieścioruk on Unsplash and Julien Maculan on Unsplash  and Pavan Krishna on Unsplash