Get your tackle out: UBRFC boys strip down for charity

‘…we get naked quite a lot anyway, so I thought why not do that and make money for charity at the same time?’

This year, in support of the notorious Movember, University of Bristol Rugby Football Club have decided to do more than just grow some dodgy pube-like ‘taches!

In true rugby fashion the lads are stripping down for your delight. A group of 25 from the club went down to the Bristol Barbarians ground and braved the winter cold in just their budgie smugglers!

If you’re not sure, what budgie smugglers are, we have attached a nice little Tab exclusive sneak peek below. Make sure to follow our TikTok to keep up to date with the most interesting Bristol stories as they’re happening.

The calendars will be available for a donation of £10 as early as next week so make sure to keep your eye out on campus for the distribution of this almost illicit material.

The calendars will also be available by messaging the UBRFC Instagram, so slide into their DM’s to make sure you don’t miss out. Christmas is coming up, so if you aren’t too sure on what to get for your flatmate in the impossibly low budget secret Santa you’re doing, then this just might be the solution. Who doesn’t want to get organised for 2023 whilst supporting a great cause, all the while getting an eyeful of multiple strapping rugby lads?

We spoke to the organiser of the fundraiser and asked where he got his inspiration from. Jonathan Harrington had this to say: “Well you know we get naked quite a lot anyway, so I thought why not do that and make money for charity at the same time?”. Touché.

When asked who he was going to be giving a calendar to, he aptly replied: “My girlfriends mum”.

With the months within the calendar being themed, be sure to keep an eye out for February, we have heard that it is pretty spicy.

Despite the cold, the wet and impending stage fright, the UBRFC lads are getting the conversation going surrounding men’s mental health in a provocative and some would say exciting way. With all proceeds going to Movember, the charity which focuses on support for men with prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and suicide prevention.

If you are affected by any of the issues raised in this article then please contact:

Bristol Nightline: 01179 266 266

8pm – 8am Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday.

Student wellbeing support: [email protected]

Samaritans: 116 123

If you or someone you know has been affected by this story, please speak to someone or contact Samaritans on 116 123 at any time. You can contact Anxiety UK on 03444 775 774, Mind on 0300 123 3393, and Calm (Campaign against living miserably, for men aged 15 to 35) on 0800 58 58 58. You matter.