Police appeal for witnesses after Clifton Triangle sexual assault

The incident happened on Tuesday 2nd May

Police are appealing for witnesses to an incident in which a 22-year-old woman was sexually assaulted on Clifton Triangle on Tuesday 2nd May.

The victim was walking on the Triangle, past Beacon House, at around 2pm, when she was approached by two young males.

One of the men grabbed her inappropriately before they both followed her towards the Queens Road traffic lights, where she was sexually assaulted for a second time.

The main offender is described as a young teenager, white, with ginger hair, a freckly face, 5ft 3ins and he was wearing a bright blue t-shirt with a multi-coloured graffiti print pattern on the front.

The second male is described as in his mid-teens, also with ginger hair and freckles, and he was wearing a white polo shirt with stripes on it.

Police have caught the incident on CCTV and are going to produce still images of the suspects. Witnesses would still be appreciated though so if anyone does hear anything on this incident then please call PC Ed Harris on 101 and please give the call handler the reference number 5217097235.