Bournemouth University rises eight places in The Times Good University Guide 2024

Bournemouth university places 81st in this year’s rankings with strong teaching and graduate prospects

Bournemouth University placed 81st in The Times Good University Guide 2024 UK university rankings, marking its continuous rise in the academic world.

The full list ranked 131 different UK universities overall, with Bournemouth rising from its position as 89th in last year’s rankings.

Bournemouth University achieved a score of 71.8 per cent for its teaching quality, reflecting their aim to “inspire learning for students and staff and advance knowledge in practice and the professions”, according to their website.

Bournemouth’s student experience score was rated 68.7 per cent reflects a vibrant campus life.

The university boasts a 79.4 per cent graduate prospects score, highlighting its students’ high employability. Additionally, 76.9 per cent of students earn first class or upper second class degrees.

Bournemouth University has invested heavily in research programs in recent years, resulting in a research quality score of 30.7 per cent.

While the student-staff ratio stands at a moderate 18.3 per cent, an outstanding continuation rate of 91.5 per cent showcases Bournemouth University’s ability to create an environment where students thrive.

As Bournemouth University secures its position in the 2024 rankings, it is clear that the institution is on an upward trajectory.

The Times’ guide gives a detailed overview into higher education in Britain, helping prospective students  to make an informed decision about their next step. The full list of rankings can be found here.