This is what jobs the Bridgerton characters would have if they lived in the modern day

Daphne just screams PR marketing girly

What would the modern day jobs be of the Bridgerton characters? Let’s be real, do they ever work or do they just wait around to go to lavish balls that plays orchestral covers of pop music?

Personally, I wouldn’t trade in my life of glittery gowns and honeymoons to work in marketing or to be a teacher. They luckily have escaped the fear of having to actually find a job in this day and age but some of them have the vibe of certain roles already.

This is not based on anything personal for what modern career fits, for some it’s the best personality traits and for others their worst traits maybe would land them their dream role – I’m looking at Lady Whistledown here. So, here are the hypothetical modern day jobs of the Bridgerton characters:

Anthony Bridgerton – Analyst

via Netflix

Picture the typical man who you would go on a Hinge date with – he says he is an analyst and you have no idea what it really means (basically it’s to do with numbers). Anthony would definitely end up in the London city buzz, if anyone is looking for a man in finance x

Daphne Bridgerton – Marketing girly

via Netflix

Her soft demeanour yet strong self of worth would go well for a cute marketing job. I could see her posting her fits everyday in the office lift and handling the meetings like a girl boss.

Penelope Featherington – Tabloid journalist

via Netflix

She would be a savage columnist and everyone would fear her reviews or opinions – that’s if she even revealed her identity to anyone. I don’t even think she would be a Bridgerton fan and probably would have something to say amongst all the other drama happening at the minute.

Colin Bridgerton – Paediatrician

via Netflix

A Reddit user said they could see him as a paediatrician and I truly see it. The user said: “He’d be a medical student with an interest in global health. He’d probably work with Anthony for a few years out of university before ultimately deciding on a career in medicine.” That’s his entire life mapped out for him then.

Simon Bassett – Professional golf player

via Netflix

Maybe it’s the muscly, handsome look that has me biased to think he would be in professional sports. I think he would look good on a golf course and seems like the perfect Sunday afternoon hobby for him, whilst Daphne just watches and drinks some wine, of course.

Violet Bridgerton – Head teacher

via Netflix

Let’s make it clear, she would be a nice head teacher. Her motherly, warm aura would have kids wanting to go to her for advice but also respect that she has an authority position.

Benedict Bridgerton – Painter in Paris

via Netflix

Obviously he would end up as a painter, but specifically in Paris. I’m imagining he goes out for his espresso in the morning and then has an art studio that looks out over the city. That would be the dream life.

Eloise Bridgerton – Magazine journalist

via Netflix

Another journalist, but this time more culture and lifestyle blogger rather than being controversial. Eloise would have strong feminist opinions and she would want to write about her passions so lifestyle writing is fitting for that. She would be a good interviewer with her natural humour and magazines would lap her up.

Francesca Bridgerton – Solo pianist

via Netflix

A Reddit user said they could see Francesca as a solo musician and whilst she’s not always playing the piano, I can randomly can picture her at BBC Night of The Proms.

Hynacinth Bridgerton – Podcaster

Bridgerton modern jobs

via Netflix

Hynacinth would have her own podcast with all her sassy opinions. She would make sly comments on all the latest reality TV gossip or just complain about her own struggles, very Emma Chamberlain vibes.

Gregory Bridgerton – Estate agent

Bridgerton modern jobs

via Netflix

Since Gregory grew up in a beautiful, massive house, I reckon he would be great at selling all the latest country houses because he knows them so well. He wouldn’t be on Selling Sunset but it would be a comfortable career, not anything too wild.

Featheringtons – Have their own reality TV show

Bridgerton modern jobs

via Netflix

Keeping Up with the Featheringtons has such a good ring to it that it needs to happen right away. Could you imagine hearing the daily conversations or if one of them brought a boy home? The chaos that would happen!

Cressida Cowper – Retail manager of a fashion brand

Bridgerton modern jobs

via Netflix

Her sharp, poised personality would be perfect for keeping control of a store and she has the style to match. I certainly would not want to get on the wrong side of her.

Bridgerton season three is available on Netflix now. For more like this rundown of the Bridgerton characters with modern jobs and all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.