Mel MAFS UK

Expert Mel from MAFS UK shares update on her cancer surgery: ‘It couldn’t have gone better’

She had keyhole surgery to remove her tumour

Expert Mel from MAFS UK was diagnosed with colon cancer during filming for MAFS Australia and has now undergone successful keyhole surgery to remove the tumour.

Mel posted on Instagram to update everyone on how the surgery went. She wrote: “So yesterday lunchtime I had keyhole surgery to remove my tumour (AKA Terry) and in the words of my amazing surgeon it couldn’t have gone any better!

“Crucially the cancer hadn’t spread to my abdominal cavity, which was our greatest fear but was entirely localized in my colon. Over the coming days, I will discuss my treatment plan going forward but suffice to say that Terry is toast!

“I have been absolutely blown away by the countless messages of support I have received from all of you beautiful people, I am so very touched and can honestly say it’s made a difference, so thank you all.

“I also wanted to say that everyone in the UK should be incredibly proud of the people of the NHS. I’m not talking about the funding, the structure or the waiting lists, just the people.

“Everyone from my consultant to the surgical team and especially the wonderful nurses managing my recovery has been just superb. It’s not just their professionalism but also their genuine concern, bedside manner (especially the nurses) and endlessly sunny disposition, despite working up to 14-hour days.

“I owe all of these wonderful people my life and I will be forever indebted to them. The NHS is a unique, precious institution we need to make sure it’s here to serve our children and our children’s children.”

For all the latest MAFS UK updates on Mel, news, scandals, gossip and updates – like The Holy Church of MAFS on Facebook