sophie

I bet you didn’t know these seven iconic tracks were produced by SOPHIE

SOPHIE was responsible for so many bangers

Hard to believe it’s been over a year since SOPHIE tragically passed away. I must confess, I had no idea of SOPHIE’s impact on pop until after their death, when I decided to look them up. If you love bangers and unashamedly cheesy bubblegum pop, you’ve probably unknowingly stanned SOPHIE for at least half a decade.

SOPHIE was a girl power pop GOD. Charli XCX, Madonna, Cupcakke and Jodie Harsh are all on SOPHIE’s tit-grabbingly impressive list of collaborators. SOPHIE was even in talks to create music magic with Lady Gaga herself – and we’re all poorer for it never coming to fruition.

So, just how many of these iconic tracks have you heard? I bet you didn’t know SOPHIE produced literally all of them:

1. Bitch, I’m Madonna – Madonna feat. Nicki Minaj

Let’s be honest, this is the only Madonna song released in the last 15 years that anyone actually remembers. Bitch, I’m Madonna was co-produced by SOPHIE and Diplo and to be fair, it banged. The music video was so disgustingly 2014 with everyone wearing pink bomber jackets, “NERD” t-shirts and hi-tops – and it featured loads of huge names like *literal* Beyoncé.

Does anyone remember any of the words? No! But that’s okay, it was iconic anyway.

2. Vroom Vroom – Charli XCX

Remember when Charli XCX ended everyone with the greatest song of all time? I’m fairly convinced SOPHIE laced the instrumental of Vroom Vroom with something addictive, because I’ve always got it on repeat.

3. Girls Night Out – Charli XCX

I used to listen to this song on the way to pre-drinks at uni and it never failed to get me excited. The song has such similar vibes to Holiday by Madonna, and I have no doubt SOPHIE took inspo from their former collaborator.

4. Tuesday – Jodie Harsh

Jodie and SOPHIE invented the LGBTQ+ community, sorry. If you haven’t listened to this already, you’re welcome.

5. SLIME – Shygirl

This was the last track SOPHIE produced before their incredibly untimely death – so listeners might find it bittersweet. It’s understated, but slaps nonetheless.

6. Out of My Head – Charli XCX feat. Tove Lo and ALMA

This is, quite simply, an anthem. The type you’d listen to in an Uber on the way to Revs while secretly sipping from a bottle of Malibu. Charli and SOPHIE were such a dream collab, I miss them.

7. Nights With You – MØ

MØ is a machine when it comes to the UK Dance Top 40, and at first I had no idea SOPHIE was involved in this song. It’s really fun and a cute little club track. Obsessed.