This is how old the cast of Umbrella Academy are in real life

Robert Sheehan is a year and nine months older than his character

Netflix has just blessed us with a second season of Umbrella Academy. It’s one of those shows where you can’t help but have a favourite cast member (it’s Klaus, isn’t it?) – so you’re probably frantically Googling the Umbrella Academy cast and everything you can possibly know about them: Their ages, Instagrams, other shows they’ve been in, the lot.

The Umbrella Academy is about a dysfunctional family of superheroes — The Monocle, Spaceboy, The Kraken, The Rumor, The Séance, The Boy, The Horror, and The White Violin. They work together to solve their father’s mysterious death. The series is based on the Dark Horse comic series by My Chemical Romance’s Gerard Way.

In the show, the family members were born in 1989, which would make them all around 30-years-old. Here are the ages of the cast of Umbrella Academy in real life, and how it compares to how old their characters are.

Tom Hopper – Number One / Spaceboy / Luther

Age: 35

Umbrella Academy, cast, ages, real life, how old, actors, season two, Netflix, Tom Hopper, Number One, Spaceboy, Luther

via Instagram @tom.hopperhops

Tom Hopper, who plays Luther, is the eldest of the actors in the Umbrella Academy cast. He was born on January 28th 1985 – making him around four years older than his character. He married his wife in 2014 and has two children.

David Castañeda – Number Two / The Kraken / Diego

Age: 30

David Castañeda, Number Two, The Kraken, Diego

via Instagram @castanedawong

David is almost to the day the exact same age as his character Diego. He was born on October 24th 1989, and his character was born on October 1st.

Emmy Raver-Lampman – Number Three / The Rumour / Allison

Age: 31

Umbrella Academy, cast, ages, real life, how old, actors, season two, Netflix, Emmy Raver-Lampman, Number Three, The Rumour, Allison

via Instagram @emmyraver

Emmy Raver-Lampan, who plays Allison, was born on September 5th 1988 in Virginia, United States. This makes her about a year older than her on screen character.

Robert Sheehan – Number Four / The Séance / Klaus

Age: 32

Umbrella Academy, cast, ages, real life, how old, actors, season two, Netflix, Robert Sheehan, Number Four, The Séance, Klaus

via Instagram @rozzymikes

Robert Sheehan, who plays everyone’s fav Klaus, is around a year and nine months older than his on screen character. Robert was born on January 7th 1988, in Ireland.

Aidan Gallagher – Number Five / The Boy

Age: 16

Umbrella Academy, cast, ages, real life, how old, actors, season two, Netflix, Aidan Gallagher, Number Five, The Boy

via Instagram @aidanrgallagher

Aidan may be the youngest of the entire Umbrella Academy cast, but he plays the eldest family member since Five was stuck in an apocalypse. Aidan was born on September 18th 2003 in Los Angeles.

Justin H. Min – Number Six / The Horror / Ben

Age: 30

Umbrella Academy, cast, ages, real life, how old, actors, season two, Netflix, Justin H. Min, Number Six, The Horror, Ben

via Instagram @justinmin

Justin H. Min is an American actor, born on March 20th 1990. This makes him around five months younger than his character, Ben, in Umbrella Academy.

Ellen Page – Number Seven  / The White Violin / Vanya

Age: 33

Ellen Page, Number Seven, The White Violin, Vanya

via Instagram @ellenpage

Ellen Page is the second eldest of the Umbrella Academy cast members. She was born on February 21st 1987 in Canada – making her around two years older than her character.

Season one and two of The Umbrella Academy are available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.