Coders are backing Bernie

Someone created a Bernie Sandwiches video game

This week Bernie Sanders’ supporters received a text from the campaign announcing the release of Bernie Messenger, one of many apps tech-savvy volunteers built for the campaign.

The app enables people to send the campaign’s official actions to personal contacts on their phones.

While Bernie Messenger improves the logistics of campaign organizing, other Bernie apps don’t have as clear of a purpose.

For instance, one app displays a fountain of Bernie faces accompanied by upbeat music and someone repeatedly chanting, “Do We Feel the Bern?”

Others include Bernie meme generators and (of course) the Bernie Sandwiches game.

Although the benefit of showing Bernie faces flying around computer screens can seem unclear, these comical apps spread excitement for Bernie Sanders.

Some of the other apps maintain a joking style while also educating people on Bernie’s policies. The web app called Is Bernie Crazy? takes website visitors through interactive examples to show how his proposals for education, criminal justice, workers’ rights, and healthcare have worked in the world elsewhere and could work in the US.

The Bernie Sanders 2016 campaign has not officially endorsed many of the apps, but nonetheless they continue to make an impact (and make us laugh).