This tweet reminded us about the feminist icon of 2011 and we are forever grateful for it

REMEMBER HER?!

Remember 2011? How simple was the America where we had no idea Trump would one day be our president and we spent our time looking at cat memes on tumblr.

Probably the best thing to ever come from that hellhole of a website was the 2011 viral video of teenage Alex, who told the world how she really feels about shitty societal expectations of women and taught us all that 2+2 equals gonorrhea.

Alex has some pretty holistic knowledge for being a middle schooler angsty about girls stuffing their bras. She wonders why men hate smart women or why they are taught to value women’s breasts over their personalities.

I only wish she would’ve been taught that we gotta help our sisters overcome social pressures instead of labeling all of them “sluts.” I know she was probably sad that some bitch gave her crush Johnnie a handjob on the bus, but I promise sista, she didn’t enjoy it.

The only thing that would make this video more iconic would be her making it in 2017. She would probably comment on highlighter and the Kylie Jenner era.

Alex, you are the whole package – with or without the package. Thanks for calling out the patriarchy in a way that still has me rolling 6 years later.  I hope wherever you are, you’re doing well even though you’re an internet meme.

UNC