BREAKING: Cook/Douglass residents to be housed in recreation centers

‘To keep students safe, we will be sheltering Cook/Douglass resident students at the RAC, Werblin, and Livingston Gymnasium overnight’

President Barchi issued a university wide email at 5:28PM today saying that Cook/Douglass students affected by the power outage will be sheltered in the RAC, Werblin, and Livingston Gymnasium overnight if the outage continues.

The email went on to explain that, “the Division of Student Affairs and the Office of Residence Life are communicating directly with students about next steps.  We are sorry for the inconvenience and disruption this will cause our students, but relocation is necessary to keep you out of harm’s way during the extended power outage.”

Barchi also encouraged students to check the official Rutgers University social media pages and the Rutgers – New Brunswick website for updates. He also said that they hope to have the power on and running by tomorrow morning, and that they are doing everything they can to address the problem.

Students have been expressing their frustration via social media since the outage began.

Rutgers University