The best reactions to the Cook/Douglass power outage

‘Cook/Douglass took a big fat L with that power outage’

In the latest RU Screw (and so early in the semester), Cook/Douglass campus has been experiencing multiple power outages since Tuesday morning, leaving staff and students without air conditioning, electricity, and most importantly, WiFi. Around noon today, an email was sent out to all staff and students detailing the issues and the steps the university is taking to fix it.

“Approximately 90 buildings are experiencing intermittent power issues, including 39 residence halls. We have been working with PSE&G technicians to resolve the issues,” said the email sent by Antonio M. Calcado, university Executive Vice President of Strategic Planning and Operations.

Classes scheduled to take place on the campus were canceled today from 12:35 to 5:35pm. Additionally, the email outlined a plan that would provide the nearly 3,000 residents of the campus with shelter and transportation should the power issues go unresolved at night.

But while we wait for that, let’s look on the bright side – even though everything on Cook/Douglass is dark. Here are some of the funniest reactions students have had so far to the power outages.

Rutgers University