RU’s guide to surviving Snowzilla 2016

Hope you bought bread and milk

For the Scarlet Knights lucky enough to have experienced last January’s snow blowout, which gave us nearly a week off from classes, you know exactly what went down. Parties, parties and more parties. And from the looks of it, preparing for Snowzilla 2016 was no different.

Naturally, at the first sign of snowfall we all lived up to the stereotypical Jersey resident in a snowstorm. We stampeded every grocery store on the hunt for the absolute essentials: bread and milk. And from the looks of it, we did a pretty damn good job of wiping out every grocery store statewide.

Now you may be wondering what else we could possibly need after picking up those essentials. But a Jersey blizzard is never complete until every home has rallied together and created the most epic arsenal of snacks. And you better believe Rutgers knows how to do snacks.

So, we have the bread, the milk and the snacks, but we seem to have forgotten the holy grail of all Rutgers snowstorm essentials. The alcohol. And damn, did you guys come prepared for the weekend.

From Jägermeister to imported beers to everyone’s favorite, wine, you were all prepared to get lit.

Some were even crazy enough to brave the storm and wait in line for the bars. My hat goes off to you all.

But unlike those who braved the storm outside, many of us weathered the storm inside and caught up on some light reading.

So whether you took the storm head on and partied it up outside or you had a little drunken fun behind closed doors, the key to success for any RU snow day is to always stockpile your alcohol, get hella snacks and whatever you do, NEVER forget the bread and milk.

Keep it classy, Rutgers.

Rutgers University