Why YOU should join The Tab Pitt this year

I promise, you won’t regret it

If you love writing and having fun doing it, come join The Tab Pitt family!

We have had one of the most successful launches with thousands of monthly readers, and we’re just getting started.

We are the voice of the students – any student. Yes, people misunderstand our purpose on campus, but that’s OK because we aren’t your average publication.

The Tab Pitt is here for any student to enjoy the process of writing and express themselves through this platform without any boundaries. We want to hear your opinions, and we will not silence you just because you have a taboo view on an issue or want to write something controversial. This isn’t your school newspaper.

I got an email two months ago to help launch The Tab at Pitt, and after speaking with the incredible team at the headquarters in New York, I was convinced that this would be a great thing for students at Pitt.

I put everything I had into launching this because I felt that every student deserves to have a place where their opinions are heard and to have an outlet to share personal stories, hometowns, sportsheritages, parties, college, experiencespolitics, and anything else you can think of.

We are always welcoming new writers to join us to share this journey of breaking new records together whether it is for one piece or for the long run. We have one of the most supportive groups I’ve had the pleasure to be a part of, and when someone’s piece is getting some heat – we will always be there for each other.

You don’t need any journalism experience. The editors, myself and Katrina, are here for you all day and night to help you with anything you could possibly need. You will have our contact info to reach us at absolutely any time, and we love speaking with the writers. Feel free to call us just to chat through a new piece or to vent about a shitty score you got on an exam, and we’ll help turn it into a piece.

If you’re into PR, HR, marketing, advertising, etc then come join our marketing team!

Do you have a love for photography and never get to express it? Here is your opportunity! Take shots around campus or even join a fellow Tab writer to document an event.

We are here for YOU and want to make this a fun, personable, and rewarding experience for you, and I can assure it that it will be. Click here and sign up then you’ll be contacted by me, and I’ll get you started!

Give it a try, write an article, chat with our awesome team, and let’s go from there. I’m looking forward to helping you start your journey with us!

University of Pittsburgh