BREAKING: 20-year-old woman indicted in death of OSU student Madie Hart

She drove with Hart pinned underneath her car for 88 feet

As of April 10th, Briana Benson, a 20-year-old woman was indicted and charged with murder in the death of 18-year-old Madie Hart. Hart was a freshman at the Ohio State University who died earlier this month after being struck by a car in Cincinnati.

The woman, Briana Benson, was involved in an ongoing feud with Hart in the early hours of March 26th when the incident occurred. Benson was indicted on a total of five counts: two counts of murder, one count of felonious assault, one count aggravated vehicular homicide and one count failure to stop after the crash. It is possible Benson could face up to life in prison if convicted on all charges.

Hart passed away on March 30th from her injuries after being dragged under Benson’s car.

The Hart family have remained positive and have chosen to focus on the fact that although they have lost their daughter, she went on to save three people’s lives because she was an organ donor.

Days before the incident where Hart lost her life, Benson was indicted for “permitting trafficking out of her car.” Her boyfriend was selling heroin and cocaine from her car three days prior.

The Hamilton County Prosecutor on the case, Joseph Deters, commented about the altercation that happened between the two girls that night saying “That doesn’t give someone a license to run someone over.”

We will update this story as new information becomes available.

Ohio State