If you find the fuckboy Bachelorette winner familiar, it’s because he was a UF Pi Kapp

Rachel is reliving your Fall freshman year

Criticizing people’s relationships from the outside is a light hobby of mine, but somehow, watching Rachel get played on this season of The Bachelorette felt different. It felt… familiar??

I launched a full-fledged, totally professional investigation into Bachelorette winner Bryan Abasolo. By that I mean I flipped my crazy switch to social media stalk him for hours on end, only to discover he was a University of Florida graduate of 2003 and former Pi Kappa Phi brother.

@therachlindsay Rachel ❤️ my love, my rock!! It's felt like forever, but the wait is finally over!!! 🙏🏼 No longer do I have to hide the fact that you are and always have been the one for me! No longer do I have to keep secret how in love w you I truly am from the rest of the world! Hearing you say "yes" on the top of that castle in Spain was the greatest moment of my life! I was optimistic about what could be prior to stepping out of that limo but never in my wildest dreams could I had foreseen us building such a strong foundation and deep bond in the last 6 months. Every single day literally gets better and better with you and reaffirms that God placed you in my path for a reason. We've gone through so much…the ups, the downs, the challenges…but in the end, what shines above all else is the deep love, loyalty, respect and admiration we have for each other and that's what will continue to carry us through into our future. I can't wait to start our new life together full of fun and adventure! I am so blessed and lucky to have you and I promise to cherish you forever! I love you baby! ❤️😍💍 #whenyouknowyouknow #thebacheloretteabc #bachelornation

A post shared by Dr. Bryan Abasolo (@thebryanabasolo) on

Aside from him being a UF grad, his hometown only spiraled me further into what I knew about being played by Spanish men. It’s like I could almost envision him at a tailgate with his arm around me, “Haha, no, I’m not from South Florida, I’m from Miami.”

It seems he’s not only a player, he’s a baller. Like, actually. The University of Florida seemingly sent his fraternity on a trip with the Men’s Basketball team for winning an inter-fraternal game of some sorts.

*Cue Carrie Bradshaw voiceover* Later that night I wondered about his collegiate years at UF in the 00’s. Did he listen to the Backstreet boys? Did he frost the tips of his hair? Did he drunkenly hit Midtown? Eat Leonardo’s and sweat profusely in same stadium as I did?

Regardless, it’s became pretty evident why he seemed familiar and why people are nervous for our beautiful, and (what we thought to be) intelligent Bachelorette Rachel Lindsay. We’ve all met a fuckboy like Bryan. Been there, done that.

University of Florida: UF