If you major in Economics and Business, you’re probably a massive psychopath

Economics and Business majors are the ‘the darkest group’

Hide Images

Your natural aversion to anyone who majors in Business and Economics is right – psychopaths are most likely to study those degrees.

A university survey polled nearly 500 students yet to begin their majors in Psychology, Economics, Business, Law, Political Science – before their chosen courses could have an effect on them in any way.

Asking them to consider which of the Dark Triad personality traits (narcissism, psychopathy, and Machiavellianism) and which of the Big Five personality traits they fell into (extraversion, agreeableness, openness, conscientiousness, and neuroticism).

Unsurprisingly, researchers found Economics and Business majors to be “the darkest group.”

You, if you do Business or Economics

The study explains: “The Dark Triad traits  have been associated with the desire for power, status, and social dominance in the workplace, and these desires have been hypothesized to draw Dark Triad individuals towards occupations affording such outcomes. Following this reasoning, the Dark Triad may also influence educational choices.”

Read: Avoid Business and Economics majors.

Find out more about Aarhus University‘s study here.