Which Hogwarts House you should be in based on your college clique?

Are you a Hufflepuff Stoner or a Gryffindor Activist?

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child recently released on stage and in a two-part script on July 31st, and Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is set to be one of the biggest movies of 2016 come November and December. It would seem that the Potter universe never really did leave us, even after the seven books and eight movies finished up.

So where would you be if your college stereotype indicated your Hogwarts House?

The business major would be Slytherin

Slytherins know how to do business.

Ambition and cunning, as well as a sharp mind are all essential skills to getting ahead in t he business world. But the key trait here is the desire to be on top.

Ambition and business majors, and ambition and Slytherin, go hand in hand.

The activist would be Gryffindor

Whether your campaigning for house-elf rights or standing up against real world injustices, if you’re an activist, you’re probably a Gryffindor.

Gryffindors are known for daring, nerve, and chivalry, and it’s pretty daring to get out on the streets and campaign for a cause that might not be too popular, or that people might look down on you for.

Being an activist requires a lot of bravery, and a willingness to sacrifice one’s own time and even comfort for a cause you believe in. More than that, being an activist requires one to put other’s needs above oneself, and that is modern ‘chivalry’ defined.

The jock would be Gryffindor/Slytherin

Gryffindor team captain !

Bravery on the sports field means getting back up after an injury.

A completely different kind of daring and nerve are needed to dominate the sports field, combined with a little bit of Slytherin ambition.

The sorority girl would be Hufflepuff

ERRRRYDAY I’M HUFFLIN

Loyalty and friendship are at the heart of Sisterhood, and are also at the heart of Hufflepuff’s legacy. Someone who’s fun-loving, kind, and loyal to their sisters would definitely belong in Hufflepuff.

The person who dominates every party is Slytherin 

You like the spotlight, you seek attention and popularity, and you know how to get ahead. These all seem like Slytherin traits to me.

Everyone knows your name and your sick drinking skills and you don’t just stick with one squad, but know how to work  your way into any crowd with your cunning and charm.

The arts / theater/ music major would be Ravenclaw

Besides being the house of intelligence and wisdom, Ravenclaws are also known for being quirky and infinitely curious. The combination of a quirky passion and the willingness to study hard and rehearse/be in the artist’s studio deep into the late hours of the night is definitely a Ravenclaw trait.

The stressed out pre-med would be Ravenclaw/Gryffindor

Ravenclaw = blue, plus academic stress.

Ravenclaws are known for brains and curiosity and a willingness to learn, which every pre-med must have in order to go through the gruesome weed-out process that is undergrad. But most pre-meds are also in it because they want to help others – for reasons beyond themselves.

And it takes a lot of bravery to spend so much of your life tending to others, knowing how much you’d have to sacrifice. That’s why this is another hybrid house- the traits of both houses combined seem to be important to the pre-med track.

The chill stoner chick would be Hufflepuff

Picture Hufflepuffs as being the chill stoner friends who you can go hit a bong with, get into really deep conversations, eat nachos and pass out next to on a Friday night.

You know they’re not going to tell any of the secrets you admitted in your inebriated state, because a loyal friend never would (and because they probably forgot it five minutes later). Hufflepuffs are laid back and chill. The name has “puff” in it.

The Tumblr, Comic-Con attending fan-girl would be Ravenclaw

Fan-girling done right in all blue and Ravenclaw.

Intelligent, quirky, curious, and a little out there – this describes your average fan-girl.  Ravenclaws are the people who can get super, super in-depth into whatever they are interested in, whether it’s a fandom, rocket science, or their pet cat. Smarts, an introverted manner, and an intense interest in a select few topics would place a fan-girl in Ravenclaw.

So, where are you? Or are you a combination of more than one of the above? No one fits perfectly into one category.

I see myself as a combination of three of the above. So if you don’t fit into one perfectly, be a proud hybrid. And remember- the sorting hat will always take into account your choice!