Are the New England stereotypes true?

That’s for you to find out

Stereotypes and stigmas run high with those who live in the Northeast. Those close to Boston get the brunt of the accents with the “Can I get some cawfee?” while the New Yorkers get, “I’m from New Yawk, got a problem wit’ that?”

Those who don’t live in Connecticut think those who reside in the Nutmeg State are rich and snooty because of towns in Fairfield County. And ‘Vermonters’ are considered ‘ski rats’ because they impatiently wait for the first snowfall of the season, utilize the snow as long as possible, and then hibernate in their homes until it snows again.

New England: different interests every 90 miles.

Paul Wetteman, 20, Guilford, CT

“I like the convenience factor of living in Connecticut.”

“I love it because of the 4 seasons. I like being able to switch from summer, to fall, to winter, seeing the leaves fall, etc. CT is an ideal location in the NE because we have a close proximity between Boston, NYC, and Providence.”

Wetteman also said that Connecticut is home to the Basketball Capital of the Nation.

“Not to mention, we have the best college basketball teams in the whole country. *Cough,cough UConn!* Our state might not have any professional sports teams but the UConn athletics programs sufficiently fills that hole and gives CT residents more excitement than they can ask for out of any average athlete school in the country.”

Jeremy Rosen of Montville, CT

He spent his college years in Ohio and would much rather live in Connecticut.

“CT is home. I’ve been to Ohio, and I think the scenery is great. There are a lot of places to go and be with nature. Ohio was flat to me, not much to look at. It makes me appreciate being in CT and having things to do, and having things to look at,” he said.

Benjamin Ayer, a newly-moved resident of Westerly, MA

“I enjoy the city life, and I haven’t had any bad experience.”

“Some people might say the traffic sucks, but that’s what I’m used to,” he told me.

“One of the things I really love about the area is how the people around here really identify with the city of Boston –it’s like a part of who they are, and you can feel it throughout the area.”

Mike Bouffard, an avid outdoors-man and 22-year veteran of Jerico, VT

“I mostly like my state for that white, fluffy stuff.”

“I also like having the wilderness at my disposal.

“I am able to go out anytime and most anywhere and enjoy many different kinds of wildlife and nature. The star, sunsets and sunrises are spectacular.”

So there you have it, a little taste of the New England lifestyle. Are the stereotypes accurate? That’s for you to find out.