I used Tinder to find out how Americans are voting this election

Looking for that special political love on a hookup app

Tinder is one of the most popular apps out there for hookups, and even the occasional relationship. But what we commonly see are pointless matches with guys who more or less are just looking for what they call “a quick fuck.”

As a queer woman I decided to test the political spectrum of both sexes of Tinder for two weeks. Despite what we see in everyday Tinder interactions, I had some meaningful conversations.

Most of my conversations first started off with a discussion of political ideology and the elections.

My conversation with Ian lasted a couple of hours.

Juan gave me a deep analysis of the elections and his perspective.

Most women didn’t respond, but then again I sounded kind of aggressive.

I still had some meaningful conversations with women.

I got bored of the typical election questions and starting asking about current events and other very politically oriented social issues.

I even matched with Valery the dog and asked their opinion on PETA. Unfortunately, they didn’t want to talk to me.

At the end of this I learned a lot. Well first, I hate Tindering with a goal, it’s very nerve wracking asking already prepared questions. Second, I probably shouldn’t be on Tinder. Third, you can’t help but be superficial on Tinder. Although the goal was to talk to as many people as possible, I still found myself looking at physical appearance. Fourth, you can definitely find that political spark you dream of on Tinder.

My magical Tinder profile: