We asked stereotypically hot women how they get treated in the workplace

‘I make sure they see my skills and potential rather than my blonde hair and big tits’

We can all assume that stereotypically “hot” people have it all and get treated differently at work because it’s true. Whether it is for better or worse, when you make an effort to look nice or have naturally shiny hair and big boobs- people will act differently towards you whether it is subconsciously or not.

I spoke with a few women that fit the definition of “stereotypically sexy” to see how they are treated at work. It may seem like being pretty would make their lives easier, but the prejudice is sometimes it hinders more than it helps.

Let’s begin with the field of sales because how you carry yourself with persuasion is a huge part of it. One of the women I spoke to told me that she gets a lot more opportunities and perks because she puts an effort into her appearance. “They know that I will represent the company better with my clean appearance. It isn’t even like I am hot- I’m just not gross and like to shower.”

She also says that taking care of yourself will make you public enemy number one with all of the females in the office. “They are so rude towards me because I don’t have a college degree, but I am excelling. It is not because of my looks, because I don’t let it be. I make sure they see my skills and potential rather than my blonde hair and big tits.”

Even though she can tell when men are checking her out, she said that she can turn that off real quick by letting them see her intelligence. “I don’t get treated like a bimbo because I have to overcompensate for my looks. Intelligence is sexy,  but I had to work extra hard to get to the position I am in and be taken seriously.” She also makes sure to never friend her coworkers on Facebook and never talks about drinking or her social life. The only information they know is about her abundance of animals.

Another woman who is currently interning did not even have to show her resume at her interview. The boss found her attractive, and she was hired on the spot after he asked what her favorite food was. A few days later he surprisingly brought it in. Of course she is appreciative to get the job, but she doesn’t feel like her hard work and resume building meant anything in the process which is a double edged sword.

The professional world is a hard one to break into, so most people’s first jobs are in the food industry. The attractive people in this field get the more demeaning kind of treatment while still getting away with a lot more than others. I was at a bar the other night and the bartender even told me that a guy pulled his pants down in front of her to pay for his bill. Alcohol being involved is just part of the industry, but that behavior is never justified no matter how many double shots of Patron you have had.

Talking to some waitresses about their experiences being hot differed. They may get tipped more when they stretch their smile a little further and get away with forgetting to put in an order after the chef says, “you’re lucky you’re cute.” Not getting yelled at for messing up at work is great, but this waitress wanted to be held accountable when she fucked up just like everyone else. The comments made by guests are just something that they say they are immune to at this point which is sad. One even said “I got so much free food because everyone in the kitchen was literally obsessed with me to the point where I felt uncomfortable every time I walked through the door.”

They are aware of the effect they have, but as most of them said, “I’m not going to change my style or not wear makeup because it will make the other women less jealous. I’m not going to lower my standards of looking professional to cater to someone’s fantasies because my brain can do that by itself.”

Keep on being beautiful ladies and ignore the haters and perverts.