‘Killer clowns’ spotted in Leicester

Oh god

Let’s be honest: not much goes on in Leicester. Yeah, there was that one time we won the Premier League, but since then the most excitement we’ve had has been the 80 bus going down Ratcliffe Road a little too fast.

When I heard that killer clowns had managed to make it to this simply thrilling city I was as shocked as you probably are. Apparently Leicester is only boring when it doesn’t include nutters in costumes running on the loose. People dressed in masks were seen in a cemetery, walking down roads and running into gardens across the city as well as neighbouring Loughborough and Coalville.

People on Twitter were pretty unhappy to hear the news:

The trend started on college campuses in the USA – they’ve done us the curtesy of keeping Donald Trump, but have sent Leicester another kind of horror – and has spread across the UK over the past few days. In one reported incident in Leicester the clown was carrying an axe which is something you really don’t need to see on the walk of shame back from Oadby. There’s even reports of them peering through people’s windows in Braunstone.

A clown in Loughborough or someone finishing their walk of shame? You decide.

Leicestershire police have vowed to take action against anyone involved, so let’s hope no sports societies are mixing up their fancy dress routine this Wednesday. On their Facebook page the police said “Causing fear, alarm or distress intentionally is not acceptable in our communities and is potentially a criminal offence.” Perhaps someone should warn the rowers of this when they’re dressed as smurfs. That’s a walk a shame sight to behold.

Seen on Gooding Avenue, Braunstone, Leicester.

We can joke all we want but it’s not fair for these clowns to be scaring elderly people and children in our neighbourhood. If you see anything, call 101 and be rest assured that the police are taking the incidents seriously.