Edinburgh University live Covid cases have fallen by more than 200 in a month

The University is currently reporting 40 live cases

As of the 13th of November, Edinburgh University has reported 40 live Covid cases amongst staff and students.

This is a decrease in over 200 cases in a month. The university reported 268 cases on the 5th of October.

These cases include individuals who have reported a positive test to the university, and Edinburgh University is asking students and staff to report positive tests and self-isolation.

Edinburgh University told The Tab Edinburgh in statement regarding the figures: “The figure shown on our website is not a cumulative total of all positive cases we have been made aware of amongst our staff and students.

“Once an individual has tested positive, they are required to self-isolate for 10 days, and we record and report on this webpage the number of individuals who are currently self-isolating following a positive test result.

“This number is updated daily and as positive cases recover, is adjusted accordingly.”

Edinburgh is currently still in Tier 3 restrictions, but the city has seen a decrease in the number of new daily cases.

Students at the university will have the opportunity to take a Covid test on campus before returning home for Christmas.

Students and staff can submit Covid related enquiries through this webform and can tell the university if they are self-isolating through this form.

Related articles recommended by this writer:

Covid tests will be given on campus before students go home for Christmas

Students in Scotland will be offered Covid tests before they go home for Christmas

Edinburgh Uni reports 268 live COVID cases amongst staff and students