The Tab Power 250: The top 100
Making friends and influencing people
100) Ofure Ugiagbe, Leicester, 431 votes
Law student Ofure became Leicester SU’s sports president back in July. She launched the ‘Be The Influence’ campaign and manage a team of four VPs.
99) Laura Tidd, Durham, 432 votes
Anthropology student Laura is president of Durham’s feminist society.
98) Jack Bull, Queen Mary, 435 votes
Final year Jack Bull is the Snowsport Captain.
97) Michelle Walder, Bath, 436 votes
Michelle is chair of Bath’s theatre group BUST which is run entirely by students.
96) James Tufnell, Durham, 440 votes
Archeology Third Year, James Tufnell ran the Marathon de Sables with a broken leg, rowed for DUBC, and is driving 11,000 miles to Mongolia this summer.
95) Emma Lydia Zürcher, UCL, 441 votes
Emma is vice-president of UCL’s debating society and is a member of UCL volunteering service unit Think Tank. She studies History & French.
94) Edward Tomlinson-Morrell, Bath, 444 votes
Treasurer for Politics Society. He loves sharks but hates capitalism.
93) Olly Watkins, Plymouth, 444 votes
As part of Plymouth’s Rowing Club, Olly organised a 48 hour charity row to raise money for Help For Heroes in support of Row2Recovery.
92) George Snape, Newcastle, 444 votes
You can usually hear him before you see him. George is an undoubted BNOC and charity volunteer, and helps out a lot with RAG week.
91) Ghazaleh Ghodrati, Exeter, 444 votes
Middle East Studies student Ghazaleh is known for always being out. She is also a student ambassador for the university, writes for The Tab and she is the social sec of the Middle East society.
90) Jon Ako, Loughborough, 453 votes
Jon is a former RAG committee member and is now hall chair of Rigg Rutt Hall.
89) You You Xue, Kent, 468 votes
88) Richard Cubitt, Bristol, 470 votes
Richard is a promoter for VIP and is son of Baron Ashcombe which makes him heir apparent to the title.
87) Hannah Adler, Birmingham, 471 votes
Hannah is your Seedy Sonics DJ. Check her out on Soundcloud
86) Rob Klim, Norwich, 475 votes
Rob is a first year History student who has been given the title of the craziest fresher UEA has ever seen.
85) Ben Jarvis Parsons, Trent, 476 votes
Trent SU bartender Ben also works as Nottingham Trents Smirnoff brand ambassador. He is also the social sec for LEX Law Society. Because of all this he has over 30,000 Twitter followers and is a recognised face on campus.
84) Tom Faherty, Birmingham, 490 votes
Tom is the President of the Bowling society and is in his final year studying Psychology.
83) Joseph McDougall, Leicester, 491 votes
Joe captains Leicester’s american football team, the Leicester Longhorns, a club which has grown in popularity over the last year.
82) Jordan Warren, Southampton, 492 votes
Every week, without fail, rain or shine, Jordan gets up and performs a decidedly mediocre ‘Man in the Mirror’, in semi-MJ costume, to very possibly the most venomous crowd in karaoke history. To be clear: he does this every single week.
81) Polly Fletcher, Queen Mary, 494 votes
English Lit and Drama student Polly Fletcher is president of the Queen Mary Netball Team.
80) Craig Chalmers, Strathclyde, 506 votes
Computer Science fourth year Craig Chalmers is the Governance Officer of the Sports Exec and former Club Captain of Golf.
79) Osama Zubair, Kent, 516 votes
Electronic and communications engineering student Osama is president at Kent’s Islamic society.
78) Nikki Fry, Newcastle, 518 votes
Final year Economics student Nikki is president of Newcastle’s Economics society.
77) Jess Burns, UWE, 520 votes
Jess is captain of UWE women’s rugby union team.
76) Alec Trigger, Oxford, 520 votes
Engineer Alec is President of Oxford’s lightweight rowing squad.
75) Nobby Hunt, Exeter, 528 votes
74) Helen Clemmow, Southampton, 529 votes
Netball player and at that party you went to last week too.
73) Elle Upshall, Leeds, 543 votes
2nd year Management and Marketing student Elle is shaving off her hair for charity. She will be donating her hair to Little Princess Trust.
72) Ryan Wolff, Leeds, 545 votes
Medic Ryan was winner of The Tab Leeds’ fittest fresher 2015 – despite not being a fresher.
71) Kim Slim, Bristol, 547 votes
Head of Operations at Burst Radio, Kim is a tech representative on the Society Exec committee. He is an ex-JCR President of Wills Hall. Also he has a really great name.
70) Jaymi Patel, Brookes, 548 votes
Student travel brand ambassador STA travel.
69) Oliver Whalley, Manchester, 558 votes
Oliver is former President and current Secretary of Manchester University Boat Club. He is often referred to as the most powerful redhead on campus.
68) Mario Martin, Queen Mary, 568 votes
3rd year Law student Mario was men’s first team “Captain’s Player of the Year 2014” during his first year as a Queen Mary student. Mario then went on to captain the first team to their highest ever finish in BUCS history in 2015. English is in fact Mario’s third language, enabling him to include everyone within the club, acting as the glue in a huge and diverse major club. All hail Marz.
67) Harriet Dufton, UCL, 568 votes
Harriet is a Red Bull brand manager and president of the geography society. She also plays in the lacrosse ladies 2nd’s team, and is a member of economics & finance society and women in finance society.
66) Francis Varela, Norwich, 569 votes
Psychology student Francis is the hip-hop choreographer of award winning dances for UEA Royal and LCR’s King of the dance floor. He was Norwich Football Club’s Aviva lemur during their recent match with Arsenal.
65) John Barlow, Bath, 576 votes
Editor in Chief at bathimpact, the SU’s student newspaper. He writes about University of Bath and local politics issues
64) Harris Tzen, Trent, 580 votes
Harris is Trent’s american football the NTU Renegades president. He studies Law at uni.
63) Kate Ovens, Newcastle, 595 votes
Kate professionally eats burgers around the country. Her appetite has gained the interest of Food Bible, LadBible, Capital FM and even The Tab.
61) Tom Hilton, Exeter, 600 votes
Tom, is manager at Hijacked Festival, owner & founder at Up And Coming Exeter and is owner & founder of PHAT. He also studies Accounting and Finance at Exeter.
60) Nick Hampson, Oxford, 601 votes
Musician and entrepreneur Nick currently studies Musicology and is Founder of Vulture Sessions, an arts platform connecting students and Universities all over the world.
59) Michael Hetherington, Norwich, 604 votes
Michael is UEA cricket club’s social sec.
58) Joe Clark, Norwich, 627 votes
Promotions manager Joe is known on campus for promoting Afterdark. He is also a member of business, economics, lacrosse and amnesty international societies.
57) Grace Youell, Bristol, 630 votes
Grace is club president of Bristol University’s basketball club and she studies Politics and International Relations.
56) Sarah Howden, Strathclyde, 646 votes
Maths and Physics student Sarah Howden is President of the Snowsports society.
55) Joe Porter, Exeter, 651 votes
He is Engineers rugby social sec, former Biology SocialSec and he boasts a sub-2 second bolt. Wherever people go, people notice him and this is aided by his strong ties to Unit 1 and his work with Original Sin.
54) Brendan McCarthy, Leeds, 656 votes
Law student Brendan is president of Leeds’ Law society.
53) Ben Kohler, Loughborough, 679 votes
Water Polo team captain Ben is a final year Sport and Exercise Science student.
52) Rory Kirkman, UWE, 668 votes
Psychology and Criminology student Rory rose to prominence after it was revealed he had an equation formula tattooed on his bum after failing his Maths AS.
51) Ragav Manimaran, UCL, 675 votes
Medic Ragav is president UCL entrepreneurs society. He is also co-founder of Kickstart London, the first cross-university, student-run entrepreneurship programme with the aim of creating a truly connected community of student entrepreneurs.
50) Sean Harding-Smith, Nottingham, 682 votes
Sean studies Business and Managerial Economics, he is a brand ambassador for Virgin Media and he is president of University of Nottingham snowsports club.
49) Amber-May Ellis, Reading, 688 votes
Theatre Arts, Education and Deaf Studies third year Amber-May famously got a tattoo of Ian Beale on her leg.
48) Aidan Gracey, Sussex, 689 votes
Aiden studies Marketing at Sussex and is the president of the Business society.
47) Callum Harris, Liverpool, 689 votes
2nd year Computer Science student, Callum is President of Compsoc and he plays Quarterback for the American Football team.
46) Temi Fatona, Cardiff, 689 votes
Temi studies Journalism, Media and Cultural Studies at Cardiff and she is social sec of the journalism society.
45) Diane Duke, Leicester, 692 votes
Diane is president & founder of Leicester’s Nigerian society. She is also a member of the African Caribbean society, BAME Network and Pillars society.
44) Jack Tranter, Nottingham, 708 votes
Jack studies Financial Management and he is president of Nottingham mens hockey. He has also been involved in the mixed lacrosse team, the squash team, the allotment society and the poker society.
43) Laith Luay, Royal Holloway 727 votes
Final year Laith has only missed three SU nights this year. He studies Management and was recently interviewed by The Tab.
42) Sandy Downs, Oxford, 728 votes
PPE finalist Sandy is a LGBTQ rep, OUSU vice president and is president of equal opportunities group.
41) Hannah Forbes, Bath, 738 votes
Bath Snowsports president. She studies Mechanical Engineering and she is ex-social sec of the Bath lifesaving club.
40) Digby Walker, Durham, 740 votes
Digby was awarded the title of The Tab Durham’s most eligible bachelor in 2015 and he studies Environmental Geoscience at university.
39) Laura Hendry, Edinburgh, 750 votes
Social secretary of Edinburgh Snowsports Club, and is busy organising the 500-member socials in Edinburgh. She is also Edinburgh’s brand ambassador for Spotify, so she is a big deal.
38) Jonathon Batchelor, York, 752 votes
3rd Year Economics Student Jonathan occasionally goes to the gym and he is an all-round good egg.
37) Gurjeevan Sekhon, Warwick, 753 votes
Gurjeevan studies Mechanical Engineering and is president of Warwick’s asian society, largest cultural society on campus with over 1900 members.
36) Peter Morrison, Edinburgh, 754 votes
Peter is Edinburgh’s ski sports club president and won 8th place in the BUCS men’s ski slalom in November.
35) Paddy Mortimer, Edinburgh, 759 votes
Not satisfied with being captains of Edinburgh University Association Ffootball club, Paddy also works for On-Campus Promotions.
34) Joe Christie, Edinburgh, 759 votes
Joe is the Bedlam Theatre’s president, the only entirely student-led theatre in Edinburgh.
33) Dolly Ogunrinde, Norwich, 765 votes
Politics and Economics student Dolly ran the NEVER OK Campaign, and organised the campaign to have UEA sell tax-free tampons, making it the first uni in the country to do so.
32) Ben Jeffries, Bath, 765 votes
Ben owns a company called Influencer who works with the likes of Ronaldinho, he’s on BBA and part of the rugby team.
31) Hannah Campbell, Edinburgh, 768 votes
Known to all as ‘Big Love Hannah’, a fourth year Languages student at The University of Edinburgh, she ran the 750 strong EUSSC ski trip to Alpe d’Huez in January and is responsible for the creation of ‘Le Grand Fromage’, the Alpine debut of the universally-loved Big Cheese! Loves glitter and cups of tea.
30) Sus Burn, Edinburgh, 796 votes
Sassy Sus is Edinburgh’s lacrosse social sec. Don’t cross her in the field.
29) James Conville, Leeds, 808 votes
Medic James is president at Leeds’ trading and investment society. He is also a brand ambassador for NexChange.
28) Vivienne Lazib, Warwick, 812 votes
Vivienne studies PPE and is captain of the Mixed Netball team.
27) Michael Dicks, Durham, 819 votes
Economist Mickey is Champagne Society President and helped to organise the famous Champagne Soc Balls. He is also taking part in a 11,000 mile drive from England to Mongolia this summer.
26) Sam Clutterbuck, Edinburgh, 828 votes
With huge involvement in promoting Flare Why Not Mondays and Garibaldis, Sam is also a bit of a heartthrob. You will see him strutting his stuff down the catwalk at ECFS Fashion Show next month.
25) Nick Deacon, Norwich, 857 votes
First year History student Nick was featured in a Tab article for planning to run the London marathon despite suffering from severe asthma all his life.
24) Dan Wernberg, Bristol, 861 votes
Maths student Dan is known on campus as Da Wernbergler. He organised the most attended student political event of the decade thus far and is often a guest speaker at other universities. He organised a grime night called RealTalk back in 2014 and challenged house music’s hegemony.
23) Polly Bartlett, Manchester, 924 votes
Vice-chair of the University of Manchester Musical Theatre Society Polly is a third year Music and Drama student. She is also station manager of the University’s television channel and head of development at the National Student Television Association.
22) Guyan Ratnavel, Bristol, 992 votes
Guyan has his own Facebook appreciation society with over 350 members
21) Sulagna Roy, Southampton, over 1000 votes
Had a bouncer and guest list for her party.
20) Ross Aveyard, Norwich, over 1000 votes
Ross is president of the UEA Pirates american football club and is also a member of BioSoc.
19) Shaheer Khan, Southampton, 1100
The big name of Cake Decorating Society and part of cheerleading too.
18) Maudy Ayunda, Oxford, over 1100 votes
PPE student Maudy is a singer/songwriter. She has 4.5 million followers on Instagram and 1.3 followers on Twitter.
17) Shourya Khanna, Manchester, over 1100 votes
Studying International Business at MBS, Shourya is not only in the core committee of three important societies of the university, the Bright Futures, Indian Society of Manchester and the IBFE society but is also student ambassador for the uni, the Business School, Virgin Media and Career Interactive.
16) Nicole Analise Cox, Loughborough, over 1100 votes
Product Design Engineer Nicole won Miss Glamorous Beauty Teen UK, beating 14 other girls to the title.
15) OBrien Alaribe, Leeds, over 1100 votes
OBrien a.k.a OBreazy is a promising entrepreneur and first class student. He has recently built a social networking app for students called SLOCO.co.uk which gives students ticket information for their favourite nights and allows them to share their night life experience with other students on campus and in their city.
14) Christina Feng, Birmingham, over 1100 votes
Law student, The Tab’s BNOC of 2015, presenter at Burn FM, Bertrum the Bull, head of marketing for The Tab Birmingham, Christina’s list is endless.
13) Ally Wilsdon, Southampton, over 1200 votes
The biggest name in Biology.
12) Ka Yan Ly, Warwick, over 1300 votes
Know for dropping the hottest mixtape of 2015 and for flooding his fumehood during labs on a regular basis.
11) Christian McCaffery, Warwick, over 1300 votes
Christian is Warwick’s senior men’s captain for rowing this year.
10) Jack Rowson, Sheffield, over 1400 votes
Second year History student Jack is Sheffield rugby league men’s 1st club captain.
9) Holly Anderson, Liverpool, over 1400 votes
Final year Ancient History student Holly is club captain of the hockey team for Liverpool. She is also part of the ancient history, classics and Egyptology society.
8) Emmanuel Ayoola, Birmingham, over 1400 votes
Chemical Engineering student Emmanuel is the President of the African Caribbean Society.
7) Gareth Miller, Birmingham, over 1500 votes
Final year Gareth is co-president of Brumski.
6) Ben Barwell, Liverpool, over 1600 votes
Economics student Ben is on the member of trustees for the Leon Barwell Foundation and he is president of Liverpool’s rugby union team.
5) Tala Abi Esber, Warwick, over 1700 votes
Economics 3rd year student Tala started the first Fashion and Arts Society for a Cause (LINE) which has over 1k followers on both Facebook and Instagram in just 1 year.
4) Robbie Travers, Edinburgh, over 1800 votes
Robbie came second in The Tab Edinburgh’s BNOC of the year in 2015. He has two phones, one for business and one for pleasure.
3) Kyri Drou, Birmingham, over 1800 votes
Promoter extraordinaire and DJ Kyri can most often be found at Mechu.
2) Emily Aboud, Edinburgh, over 2000 votes
She has directed two sell-out Bedlam plays: Equus and The Pillowman and is directing Spring Awakening at this year’s Fringe Festival. Emily is the Publicity Manager of EUSOG and Filmographer of the Design Society.
1) Hector Janse Van Rensburg, York, over 4000 votes
PPE student Hector is a big internet personality because of his watercolour paintings and illustrations. Well known on Reddit, he also has a Wikipedia page. He goes by the name ‘Shitty Watercolour’ and his portrait of Obama was published on the President’s official Tumblr and on various news websites, including CNN. He was named as one of the most influential Redditors in history by Business Insider.