Birmingham is the sixth best city in the UK for student nights out

We have the second most amount of take-aways, so of course we’re high on the list

Many UoB students can admit one of the reasons they chose this uni is because of the great reputation of Birmingham nightlife.

When you brag to your mates from other cities that we have amazing night life you can now show them this as absolute proof so they can’t argue against you. Unless of course they live in the cities that rank 1-5.

Late rooms researched student cities to find out which one offers the best nightlife. This ranking was based on five factors: the number of bars and clubs that serve alcohol, the average cost of alcohol, the crime rate in the city, the number of 24 hour hotels and the number of take-away. All factors were ranked out of 60, meaning the highest possible score would be 260. Birmingham got an amazing 201.

The highlight of Birmingham’s ranking is that it has the second most amount of take-aways in the country, only losing out to London.

Birmingham scored an excellent 45/60 for the average cost of alcohol, the high score can probably be blamed on the all the student nights that clubs hold. So thank you Circo for the 2 for £5 VKs.

Birmingham also scored a high 46/60 for the number of bars and clubs that serve alcohol. It’s no surprise this score is high as on campus and in Selly alone there are multiple bars and clubs.

You can read the full list here.

Related stories recommended by this writer

•The cheapest flights abroad from Birmingham in your reading week

•QUIZ: Which Birmingham nightclub are you?

•Curfews in halls and hardly any women: What UoB was like in the 1950s