The cheapest flights abroad from Birmingham in your reading week

Return flights from Birmingham to Milan for less than £26? Take my money now

I’m sure you’re in need of a break from uni and England, so what better thing to do in your reading week than jet across Europe. You can probably get to Europe for less money than going home for the week on a train. This is the sign you need to book that holiday.

Here is a list of the best places to go in reading week across Europe, in price order. Not only are the return flights cheap, there’s also so many fun activities to do in all these places, and some of them are even warmer than the UK right now.

Plus, there are some pictures to get inspired and in the holiday mood.

Dublin – £19.98

There’s no escaping the fact that when you’re in Dublin, you have to embrace the obsession with Guinness.

Predicted temperature – 11 degrees

Things to do – Guinness Storehouse, Little Museum of Dublin, Irish Whiskey Museum

Must eat – shepherd’s pie, stew and obviously Guinness

Milan – £25.98

The fashion capital of the world. Make sure you go inside some of the expensive fashion houses, even if it’s just to feel special when the doorman opens the door for you.

Predicted temperature – 12 degrees

Things to do – Duomo, Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II, da Vinci’s ‘Last Supper’

Must eat – pasta, pizza, Caesar salad

Barcelona – £27.38

Barcelona has something for everyone. Whether it’s fantastic nightlife, impressive buildings, great football, or stunning beaches.

Predicted temperature – 19 degrees

Things to do – La Sagrada Familia, Las Ramblas, Camp Nou

Must eat – paella, tapas

Budapest – £43.98

Often an underrated city, Budapest is a definite must-see. Relax in a thermal bath and try some interesting food.

Predicted temperature – 13 degrees

Things to do – Parliament Building, ‘Shoes on the Danube’, thermal baths

Must eat – langosh, chimney cakes, goulash

Naples – £45

Naples is a great city to visit and it’s the birthplace of pizza! Go see the ruins of Pompeii or take a boat trip to the gorgeous Amalfi Coast.

Predicted temperature – 20 degrees

Things to do – Pompeii, Capri, Amalfi Coast

Must eat – pasta, pizza, Caesar salad

Berlin – £54

There are too many attractions to list for Berlin. You could spend a whole week here, but definitely make sure to try curry wurst – it’s mind-blowing.

Predicted temperature – seven degrees

Things to do – Reichstag, Brandenburg Gate, Museum Island, Berlin Wall

Must eat – curry wurst, schnitzel, kartoffelpuffer

Rome – £58

You do not need any persuading to go to Rome. It’s absolutely phenomenal. Just go.

Predicted temperature – 20 degrees

Things to do – Vatican City, Colosseum, Trevi Fountain

Must eat – pasta, pizza, Caesar salad

Athens – £81

Athens has everything you could need: famous tourist attractions and gorgeous beaches.

Predicted temperature – 20 degrees

Things to do – Acropolis, Parthenon, relax and sunbathe

Must eat – gyros, souvlaki

All prices correct at the time of writing

Stories recommended by this writer

·Here are some UoB landlord horror stories we can all relate to

·It’s official – Birmingham is one of the best cities to go pumpkin picking for Halloween

·Liz Truss visits Selly Oak amid cost-of-living crisis