How old the Queen Charlotte characters are, compared to the actors who play them

India Armateifio is still so young

Queen Charlotte may have only been a limited series on Netflix but fans loved it because the cast were all so young and vibey. Some of the characters in the show are really young with Queen Charlotte being only 17 when she got married so fans are wondering about the ages of the Queen Charlotte cast compared to the characters they play.

The show jumps back in time so we see some of the Queen Charlotte characters at two different points in their lives and at two different ages. The scenes in the future are set between seasons two and three of Bridgerton, which is when the spin off was released. India is only a couple of years older than Queen Charlotte, but what about the rest of the cast? Here are the ages of the Queen Charlotte cast, compared how old the actors who play them were at the time:

Queen Charlotte – India Armateifio

via Netflix

The younger of the two versions of the character that we see in Queen Charlotte is meant to be 17, which the audience knows without a doubt as her characters declares: “I am seven and 10 years old!” In real life, India was 20 years old when she played the shows lead.

King George – Corey Mylchreest

via Netflix

It is never explicitly said in the Bridgerton spinoff how old King George is meant to be but they are based on real people and the real King George was 22 when he got married. Corey Mylchreest was 23 years old when the show began filming but celebrated his 24th birthday halfway through its production.

Brimsley – Sam Clemmett

via Netflix

Brimsley’s age isn’t specified but he is thought to be in his early twenties making the character a fair bit younger than the actor Sam Clemmet who was 28 at the time.

Reynolds – Freddie Dennis

Queen Charlotte ages

via Netflix

The age of Reynolds is also never specified but he is believed to be the same age as his on-screen partner so somwhere between 20 and 25 years old. Freddie Dennis was either 24 or 25 at the time of filming, so pretty much the same age as Reynolds.

Lady Danbury – Arsema Thomas

Queen Charlotte ages

via Netflix

In the show we find out that Lady Danbury had been promised to her much older husband since the age of three. Her younger self protrayed by then-27-year-old Arsema Thomas is meant to be about mid twenties.

Older Lady Danbury – Adjoa Andoh

Queen Charlotte ages

via Netflix

Older Lady Danbury is meant to be in her late 50s making the character pretty much the same age as actress Adjoa Andoh who plays her as she was 59 at the time.

Older Queen Charlotte – Golda Rosheuvel

Queen Charlotte ages

via Netflix

Gold Rosheuvel who plays the older version of Queen Charlotte in both the TV show of the same name and the three Bridgerton series was 52 at the time of filming, the exact same age as her character who is also 52.

Older Violet Bridgerton – Ruth Gemmell

Queen Charlotte ages

via Netflix

Violet Bridgerton is 48 years old in the scenes depicting her older self, fours younger than Ruth Gemmell who was 52 at the time of filming. In Queen Charlotte, the younger version of Violet is a few years younger than charlotte herself and is not yet out in society meaning she can’t attend Lady Danbury’s ball, no matter how much she wants to.

Queen Charlotte and Bridgerton are both available to watch on Netflix now. For more like this and all the latest Netflix news, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.

A look inside the off-screen love lives of the mega vibey Queen Charlotte cast

• Inside India Amarteifio’s mega vibey life when she’s not taking Netflix by storm

• Secret love affairs and all the other differences between the Queen Charlotte book and show

Featured images via Netflix.