big bang theory cast now

Five years on, this is what the cast of The Big Bang Theory is up to now

I miss all these characters so much

First premiering in 2007 and running for an impressive 12 seasons, The Big Bang Theory officially came to an end in 2019. The popular show, beloved for its quirky humour, memorable theme song, and award-winning performances, left a significant mark on television history. Now, five years after the series finale, many fans are curious about what the Big Bang Theory cast members are up to now since the show concluded. Here’s a look at where the cast of The Big Bang Theory is now.

Kaley Cuoco – Penny

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Kaley Cuoco (@kaleycuoco)

Penny, played by Kaley Cuoco, was the aspiring actress and neighbour who eventually married Leonard Hofstadter. After The Big Bang Theory, Kaley starred in the HBO Max series The Flight Attendant, earning a Golden Globe nomination for her role for Best Actress in a Television series. She also voiced the character Harley Quinn in the animated series Harley Quinn. Kaley’s production company, Yes, Norman Productions, has allowed her to take on more responsibilities behind the scenes. In 2022, Kaley married fellow actor Tom Pelphrey with their first child, a daughter, being born a year later.

Johnny Galecki – Leonard Hofstadter

Johnny Galecki played Leonard Hofstadter, an experimental physicist who navigates life with his socially awkward roommate Sheldon Cooper. Since the show’s end, Johnny has shifted focus to producing, notably working on the sitcom Living Biblically. He also took time to enjoy fatherhood, welcoming his first child in 2019 with his then-girlfriend Alaina Meyer. Johnny has made occasional guest appearances on television, including reprising his role as David Healy on the ABC sitcom Roseanne and its spin-off The Conners.

Jim Parsons – Sheldon Cooper

Big Bang Theory Creator Almost Turned Down Jim Parsons for Sheldon

Jim Parsons brought to life the character of Sheldon Cooper, a theoretical physicist with a genius-level IQ and childlike social skills. Jim didn’t completely leave his character behind as he reprised his role as the voiceover narrator in the prequel series Young Sheldon, providing the perspective of an adult Sheldon. He has also explored a variety of roles, including a critically acclaimed performance in Netflix’s Hollywood and has been involved in producing projects such as Call Me Kat, starring his former co-star Mayim Bialik.

Mayim Bialik – Amy Farrah Fowler

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by mayim bialik (@missmayim)

Mayim Bialik joined the cast as Amy Farrah Fowler, a neurobiologist who becomes Sheldon’s girlfriend and later his wife. Since the series finale, Mayim has starred in and executive produced the sitcom Call Me Kat. She also remains active in her academic field, holding a Ph.D. in neuroscience and is actively involved in scientific research. Mayim continues to advocate for mental health awareness and other social issues.

Melissa Rauch – Bernadette Rostenkowski

Bernadette Rostenkowski, played by Melissa Rauch, was a microbiologist with a surprisingly fierce personality who eventually married Howard Wolowitz and had children. Melissa most recently starred in the revival of the sitcom Night Court, portraying a judge. The series, which premiered in 2021, has already received enough praise to gain a second season renewal, ensuring Melissa’s continued presence on television.

Simon Helberg – Howard Wolowitz

Howard Wolowitz, portrayed by Simon Helberg, was an aerospace engineer with a taste for quirky fashion and humour. After a brief break, Simon returned to the acting screen in 2021 with a role in the musical drama film Annette. Simon also explored voice acting, lending his voice to the children’s film Dug.

Kunal Nayyar – Raj Koothrappali

Kunal Nayyar played Raj Koothrappali, an astrophysicist who initially couldn’t talk to women without alcohol. Kunal transitioned into more dramatic roles, such as appearing in the Netflix UK series Criminal: UK in 2020 and the Apple TV+ series Suspicion in 2022. He also ventured into voice acting, lending his voice to the character Guy Diamond in the Trolls.

Both The Big Bang Theory and Young Sheldon is available on Netflix now. For more like this look at where the cast of The Big Bang Theory is now and all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes, like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook. 

This The Big Bang Theory scene has everyone weeping harder after the Young Sheldon finale

Burning questions Young Sheldon left us with that the Georgie and Mandy spinoff NEEDS to answer

Raegan Revord admits to feeling ‘brokenhearted’ over Missy’s ending in Young Sheldon

Featured image via @kunalkarmanayyar instagram