This is what all the people who quit Gogglebox are up to now

Loads of them have bagged their own TV shows, radio slots and have podcasts

Since Gogglebox started nearly 10 years ago in 2013, a lot of family members have come and go on the show. Some have stayed in the public eye and become hugely famous, whilst others have left their public TV watching and returned to normal life. So, what happened to all the people who have quit Gogglebox over the years?

Some left the show on good terms and are now TikTok sensations, whilst others have spoken out about alleged bad conditions for cast members, and have backed out of the public eye.

Here is a rundown of all the people who have quit being on Gogglebox, and what they’re up to now.

Scarlett Moffatt

People who quit Gogglebox and what they're up to now

via Instagram @scarlettmoffatt

Scarlett Moffatt is definitely the most famous person to have come from Gogglebox. Since leaving the show, Scarlett has starred in and won the 16th series of I’m A Celeb, and has done some hosting work – including I’m A Celeb’s companion show Extra Camp, being a backstage presenter at the NTAs, and working with Ant and Dec on Saturday Night Takeaway.

Right now, Scarlett is 32, and continues to work in TV. She also has two best-selling books, Scarlett Says and My Life Story, is a podcaster and is an ambassador for Samaritans. Due to all her TV success, she has an estimated net worth of £1million.

Chris Ashby-Steed

via Instagram @chrisashbysteed

Chris left the show in 2016, after appearing on it alongside Stephen, who is still on the show. When he left, Chris accused the bosses of the Channel 4 series of allowing him to be bullied, and forcing him off the show. Chris and Stephen were together when they first appeared on their sofa together, but split, and initially agreed to continue to do the show as friends. Chris then said they had a bitter fallout.

Chris said Gogglebox producers agreed to let both himself and Stephen appear with new partners on the show, however, they weren’t happy with Chris’ suggestion for his new partner and told him that it “wasn’t going to work”. Chris then announced his departure from the show in February 2018.

Chris is married now, and has recently shared a post celebrating his fifth wedding anniversary with his new husband. He looks totally different, with long hair, and seems to have completely left the show behind him. It looks as though he has a furniture upcycling business now.

Tom Malone Jr

via Instagram @tommalonejr

One day before season 17 of the show was about to start, Tom Malone Jr announced he was no longer going to be part of the cast. Tom is a professional dancer and model, and is a member of two different dance troops. He’s now big on TikTok, with nearly a million followers. He posts a lot with his girlfriend, model Bryony Briscoe, and the pair appeared on Celebrity Coach Trip together.

Most recently, he has said he’s been diagnosed with autism. On Instagram, Tom said: “I don’t normally do very personal posts like this but I thought this one was important. I’ve always felt a bit different, a bit socially awkward and like I just don’t process things in the same way as everybody else. Finally I have an explanation. I’ve recently been diagnosed as autistic.

“Something that both makes sense to me whilst at the same time is something completely new to learn about and understand more about why I am the way I am. Now begins the journey. This one goes out to all the kids that have ever felt misunderstood due to being a little bit different.”

Steph and Dom

via Instagram @stephanddom

Steph and Dom were, and always will be, Gogglebox royalty. They’re mega posh, and would sit on their regal sofa, sipping champagne, giving the most incredible TV commentary you’ve ever heard. They quit the show in 2017.

Since then, they haven’t stopped appearing on the TV and have ventured into radio, too. In 2018, they landed their own radio show on talkRADIO, to talk about current affairs and news. They had the show for nearly two years, and it ended at the end of 2019. The pair, who used to own The Salutation Hotel, also had their own TV show called Steph and Dom’s One Star to Five Star, where they helped hotel owners improve their businesses.

Steph and Dom have also made a documentary, Steph and Dom: Can Cannabis Save Our Son? They set out to find out if medicinal cannabis could help save their son Max, who suffers severe epilepsy and can have more than 100 seizures a day.

Dom was on the celebrity version of MasterChef in 2019, and the couple competed together on Celebrity Hunted. In classic them style, they were caught living it up in a friend’s fancy home. The couple also have a book, called Steph and Dom’s Guide To Life, naturally.

The Tapper family

via Instagram @amytappsx

The Tapper family had to leave the show when son Josh got a job in politics. Amy has been the member of the family to stay in the public eye the most, and appeared on Celebs Go Dating. Dad Jonathan is now a chauffeur and mum Nikki works as a nursery teacher.

Sandi and Sandra

via Channel 4

Sandi and Sandra left the show after four years, when Sandi left to feature on different shows, including Celebrity Big Brother, Celebs On The Farm, Famous And Fighting Crime and Celebrity Fat Fighters. Sandi has also released a single!

Sandra stayed on the show for a while with her daughter, but then also left, and said she wanted to “move on to other things”. She’s since been on First Dates and 100 Years Younger In 21 Days.

Paige Deville and Sally Hayward

via Instagram @paige.deville

Mother and daughter duo Paige and Sally left the show in 2021. Paige complained of bad treatment, saying there were long hours of filming, restrictiveness and controlling lifestyle conditions and said Gogglebox offers “zero aftercare” for its cast.

Paige revealed the full reason for her quitting was because of an “irreversible” feud with her mother. She added: “I had really had enough of filming. I work long hours running my recruitment business and all the filming was becoming too much. Filming is long. You would start at 3.30pm and finish at 12.30am and be paid £100 each per filming session.

“Filming is tough. You would stop to go to the toilet but other than that you wouldn’t have a break. You would eat while filming. At one point my mum had her arm around me for four hours and they didn’t want her to move her arm. It isn’t as glamorous as you might think. It is very hard work.”

She continued: “I felt I didn’t really have any support after the split with my mum. They sent me a number to speak to a therapist. But I didn’t feel like there was much after care support.”

After Paige left the show, she said she was going to put all her focus on her business. Paige runs her own beauty recruitment business called Palm Recruitment. She’s also recently posted on Twitter to say she’s moved into a new home.

Kate and Graham Bottley

via Instagram @revkatebottley

Married couple Kate and Graham Bottley joined the show in series five and left in 2016. Since then, Kate has remained in the public eye, making TV appearances and she has ventured into radio. The vicar presents a show called Pause For Thought on Radio 2 and also hosted Prayer For The Day on Radio 4. She’s also been on Songs of Praise!

The Baggs family

via Instagram @georgebxggs

The Baggs family left the show after just one series, on good terms. Now, the sons are basically just huge influencers. They’re both massive on TikTok, and have influencer mates such as GK Barry and Max Balegde.

Both Joe and George list themselves as digital creators, and have over a million TikTok followers each. They are always at PR events, and recently went to Ibiza with Love Island 2022 winner, Davide. They have a podcast together called Not My Bagg, which has had guests such as Andrew and Tasha, and Louis Spence.