Fourth of July at Hilton Head Island is iconic for a reason

It’s completely unforgettable

There are many great spots around the United States to celebrate the Fourth of July, but Hilton Head Island tops them all.

The island located at the bottom of South Carolina is one of the most popular vacation spots in the Carolinas for a number of very good reasons.

Fireworks are actually legal

There is nothing more American than lighting off fireworks during the Fourth of July.

In South Carolina it is easy to find fireworks for sale because they are legal here.

A firework display at Shelter Cove Marina

The weather is consistently beautiful 

Hilton Head has some of the best weather on the East Coast. The island isn’t deathly hot since the cool ocean breeze cools the island down. Also one does not have to worry about it raining every afternoon, unlike vacation spots in Florida.

The sunny weather during July makes it easy to get a tan or great for hosting an outdoor BBQ while celebrating the Fourth of July.

Don’t forget to pack sunscreen

The beach is quiet and the water’s warm 

Hilton Head Island is home to 12 miles of oceanfront beach overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. The water is crystal clear and the beach is never crowded. Additionally, the water is always warm because the island is one of the most southern points in the state.

Your standard beach picture that would appear on Instagram

You can even hit the beach at night

The beach at night is a completely different world than during the day.

If you are lucky one of the boats out on the ocean or a town nearby will be lighting off fireworks and you can watch them from the beach.

Nothing more peaceful than the sound of the ocean at night

The Salty Dog is a place of dreams 

There are plenty of places to go out and celebrate the Fourth of July if that’s what you are into. In my opinion the best place to go is the Salty Dog Cafe because it’s a casual place and it’s on the water.

Make sure you pick up some merchandise!

Not the Salty Dog, but still repping the t-shirt

You can burn off your hangover with a ton of water sports

There are plenty of fun aquatic activities to partake in while on the island. From shark fishing to jet skiing Hilton Head has you covered. If you’re feeling bold one could even celebrate the holiday on a boat! You can also opt for a less extreme sport and just toss a ball around poolside during your Fourth of July BBQ.

Poolside on a beautiful day

Nowhere does patriotism quite like it

Fourth of July is all about showing pride in your country. Every time I have been to Hilton Head during the holiday weekend everyone seems to be truly proud and know they live in the greatest country in the world.

Hilton Head is home to some awesome traditions such as the Salute from the Shore, a tradition where military aircraft flyover the beach as everyone salutes the men and women who have served this country.

Hearing the buzz about Salute from the Shore and want to know more? {Click the link in our bio to find out more!}

A photo posted by Salute from the Shore (@july4salute) on May 28, 2016 at 7:23am PDT

Celebrating Fourth of July in Hilton Head is a unique and unforgettable experience.

That said, regardless of where you celebrate this year take time to appreciate that you live in the greatest country in the world!