BREAKING: Alec Cook turns himself in following claims from second accuser

She claims Cook sexually assaulted her in February

UPDATE [1:45pm]: A third accuser has just come forward with allegations against Cook.

University of Wisconsin-Madison student, Alec R. Cook, has turned himself in after another accuser came forward claiming he sexually assaulted her.

According to the UWPD incident report, a 20-year-old accuser came forward claiming Cook sexually assaulted her in February. Cook was arrested and charged with two counts of second degree sexual assault and one count of third degree sexual assault.

Cook was originally arrested Monday for tentative charges of sexual assault, battery, strangulation and false imprisonment.

Madison Police Department Spokesperson, Joel Despain said after Cook’s original arrest people have come forward with an “appreciative” amount of information to help with the investigation.

The most recent accuser told detectives she felt compelled to come forward after reading about Cook’s charges in the news.

“I saw the news story and was empowered by another girl being able to tell what happened to her, that I thought I could now finally tell,” the victim said.

If you have any additional information about this ongoing investigation please call Madison Area Crime Stoppers at 608-266-6014.

University of Wisconsin