Student taken out of class and arrested for graffiti

Police say ‘White supremacy is a disease’ graffiti was ‘rash’

Earlier today 21-year-old Denzel J. McDonald was taken out of class and arrested by UW-Madison Police on 11 criminal counts for graffiti and one count of disorderly conduct for threatening a bystander.

According to the report the investigation had been ongoing for six months.

Among the phrases spray-painted across campus structures and buildings were “Fuck the police,” “The devil is a white man,” “Warning: Slave society,” “White supremacy is a disease” and were all signed by “God.”

Photo: UW-Madison Police

Photo: UW-Madison Police

The count of disorderly conduct is a result of a threat to a bystander who saw Denzel spray painting the walls. After the bystander tried to intervene Denzel threatened them by saying he would kill them if they called the police.

The police have totaled the costs to be in excess of $4,000 to clean and repair the graffiti damage in all 11 cases.

Photo: UW-Madison Police

The arrest was made in a classroom this morning after Denzel was asked to step in the hallway. After a conversation that lasted more than 15 minutes and then moved outside of the building, Denzel was places under arrest without incident.

Photo: UW-Madison Police

Photo: UW-Madison Police

UW-Madison police had tried to contact Denzel during the last two weeks but failed.

Denzel was booked into the Dane County Jail.

Photo: UW-Madison Police

Photo: UW-Madison Police

University of Wisconsin