We went to America’s first Dog Café

It just opened in LA – adopt dogs and drink coffee

The Dog Café, founded by Sarah Wolfgang, is officially open in Los Angeles. For a $10 reservation, you can sip coffee while enjoying one hour of nonstop puppy action.

All dogs come from nearby Los Angeles shelters and are available for adoption, to the right home.

Since USC housing doesn’t allow pets, I’ve been puppy-deprived for months. So on Tuesday, I made it my mission to scope out The Dog Café, you know, for science.

I’m pretty sure I’m taking him home.

Puppies on the move. Places to go, people to see.

While walk-ins to the Dog Café are welcome, reservations are preferred since demand is high.

I made a one hour reservation online the day before and showed up ready to be kissed and hugged by Los Angeles’ eligible canines.

Minutes before my time slot, other dog enthusiasts trailed inside and ordered their drinks, varying from coffee, espresso, tea and flavored lemonades. While we chilled in the café, the dogs next door were being prepped for our session.

Puppy kisses 4ever

As we walked in, we could see each dogs’ eyes light up. It was obvious that this dog café was a step up from their previous small metal cage.

The dogs varied from feisty small breeds to giant, sleepy teddy bear sized pups. They gave kisses, chased one another and cuddled on your lap.

So many head rubs

For the next hour, we shared a playpen with the sweetest adoptable dogs in L.A. The vibe was relaxing and playful, while the coffee was top notch. Not Coffee Bean status, but close seconds.

It’s clear the Dog Café will not only become a hot date spot, but also serve as an alternative hang out spots for friends looking to bond over adorable dogs.

I’ve already made my next reservation to the Dog Café. Have you made yours?

Kris, the 2 year old pup, may have found her forever home

The Dog Cafe in L.A. features coffee and adoptable pups

University of Southern California national-us