Where basic bitches go on the weekend

You know where to find me

Let’s face it. USC is a dead campus on the weekends. Unless it’s game day. If it’s game day, Trousdale probably has a population higher than most North American cities.

But on a normal Saturday afternoon, you might pass a few Nike-clad students on the way to the TCC. On most weekends, you’re likely to find the average, basic USC girl (and me) one of these places—clad in bright white workout attire of course.

Home

Think back to Welcome Week your freshman year when you asked and were asked “Where are you from?” no less than eight times per minute. It seems like everyone is from Southern California (although, if we’re being statistically accurate here, 44% of the student body is from California).

Home is the place to be on the weekend. After all, who doesn’t want to visit their dog after conquering three midterms?

Some trendy brunch place

Angelinos take brunch very seriously. We have our go-to spots for Sunday morning hangovers (thank you, Jacks N Joe) and we have the trendy spots in the Arts District that we just have to Instagram.

After all, no one knows what a latte looks like; it’s our job to show everyone.

Pro Trojan tip: order avocado toast with a poached egg to be extra basic.

A $30 workout class

Yes, it’s true. Californians love their (trendy) fitness. Pull aside most girls and ask them if they’ve been to Soul Cycle and the likely response will be something like “Oh my God, it’s life changing!”

A quick way to make friends is to mention anything about Pilates, spinning, cardio yoga, or HIIT training. Promise.

Runyon Canyon

Okay, this is true. If you haven’t done Runyon at least once, do you even go here?

To let people know that you’ve made this sacred right of passage, you throw up your sorority sign and take a pic.

Santa Monica

Imagine this. It’s a Saturday morning. It’s 72 and sunny. It’s February. Where do you go? The beach, obviously.

Santa Monica is the place to be—you can go from brunch to beach in less than a mile and hit some overpriced shopping along the way.

Pro Trojan tip: steer clear of Third Street if you want to keep your sanity.

University of Southern California national-us