All the weird things UNC students find romantic

Who knew a $5 Blue Cup could make us fall in love so quickly?

College. Most students are here to get their degrees, not find their soulmates. And you could say romance isn’t necessarily our strong suit.

However, sometimes you have to sit back and ask yourself, why in the hell do we think THAT is cute?

When they text you before 11pm

Like when the girl next to you in Spanish is really excited because Billy texted her before 11pm last night. And he asked her how her homework was going. Things are moving way too fast.

When they don’t make you do the ‘Walk of Shame’

Or when your roommate is really excited because James invited her to, like, a second cocktail in a row, and she, like, spent the night at his house last weekend and he, like, totally drove her home instead of making her walk. And all his brothers love her and that totally matters because you know, “brotherhood.”

When they buy you a drink and don’t ask for sex

@sarahservatiabraham

Your friend Jenna is excited because John bought her a Blue Cup at He’s Not and didn’t even ask her to sleep over that night. It may be because she vomited all over the bathroom, but she thinks it’s because he’s madly in love with her and doesn’t see her as an object, you know?

Study dates with benefits

Anna asked Luke over to her apartment to study for their biology class, and she ended up giving him a blowjob. His friends are convinced she is after his heart. And then, he reciprocated. So Anna is sure he is after HER heart.

When they buy you an Uber

Your housemate Jessie is really excited because last night she went home with Michael and he even bought an Uber as their way home from Franklin. Much cozier than walking home in 30 degree weather. He must think she’s so fragile and delicate.

When they add you on social media first

Valerie added Grady on Facebook and Instagram, so she is definitely into him. The other day, she even liked his gym pic. On Facebook and Instagram. Grady needs a supportive girl, so Valerie must be the one.

When they put you on their Snapchat story

Your friend, Emma, almost cried tears of joy this morning because she realized Ryan put her in his Snapchat story last night while she was partying at his apartment. He must not be completely ashamed of her. Maybe next he will tell his parents her name. Marriage is imminent.

Casual coffee dates with or without homework

@halenabohs

Hunter paid for Lily’s coffee at the Daily Grind while they were working on their group project, so he is 100% into her.

When they tell you about their personal life

Last night, Nick told Lizzie about his grandma dying last year and then cried in her arms. Sure, he was about 10 shots in, but chances are he decided to cry on her shoulder because he thinks she is the one for him.

Sober sex

And Courtney and Kevin finally had sober sex after three months of hooking up. So much love is in the air.

UNC