It’s time to go back to UNC

Let’s go back to the southern part of Heaven

Have you reached that low point yet?

You might reach it when your sibling does the millionth thing to annoy you. Or maybe you hit it when your mom assigns yet another chore. This is when you realize just how much you miss UNC’s campus.

Like most college campuses, UNC seems to have an endless amount of events, whether they’re in Chapel Hill or one of the surrounding cities. But if your hometown is anything like mine, you might be swallowed in the boredom that is suburbia.

One night, I ended up at a dollar store…

Suburbia is a sticky trap for college students. The only places open after 9pm are CVS and McDonald’s, unless you and your friends want to tap into your sense of adventure by checking out the local Wal-Mart.

You might also miss the number of things you can do without a car in Chapel Hill. Think of the gas money you save during the semester. Back home, there is not a place you can go without a car, and that really has its downsides.

Then, of course, you always have to let someone know when you’re planning on leaving the house. Even though you have been at college for quite a few semesters, whenever you come home, mom still wants to know when you leave.

Campus gives you the freedom to dress as you please in a judgment-free zone. It’s common for students to dress for their comfort instead of for fashion, and many go to their classes in exercise clothing.

But at home, if your family is anything like mine, they have dropped a few hints about the lack of variety in  your wardrobe. They might ask: “is that what you’re wearing?” as you leave for Target.

Yes, Dad, it is what I’m wearing.

As much as we complain about it, the dining hall is pretty darn convenient. We don’t have to lift a finger to prepare meals, but on break, figuring out what to eat is a bigger problem than it is on campus.

Lazy days on the quad are hard to replicate at home. That 70-ish degree weather we had right around Christmastime was perfect for relaxing in the lush green grass while people-watching.

We could probably do without the homework and tests that come with another semester, but we are still excited to begin another semester at UNC.

UNC