SAE brothers mugged for $150 in their own fraternity house

Two other frats also burgled

Intruders mugged two Sigma Alpha Epsilon brothers and another female student after breaking into their fraternity house at 3:30am.

The attack – which was one of three burglaries on frat houses last weekend – took place Sunday morning.

The Tab understands the muggers stole around $150 from the trio, who were the only students involved.

IFC President Peter Diaz told The Tab: “Only three people were involved. The perpetrators were unidentified, but police believe they are likely not students.”

Despite rumors circulating in the UNC Greek community about brothers being held at gunpoint,  Diaz said he had no knowledge of guns being involved.

And he denied the incident was connected to two other weekend burglaries on frat houses, believed to be Delta Kappa Epsilon and Beta Theta Pi.

He said: “The other two break-ins are unrelated to the first. Eyewitness accounts did not identify the same perpetrators.”

“We have talked to presidents [of other fraternities] about security measures, and we are offering counseling.”

Police are investigating and the IFC has encouraged all chapters to take precautions and bolt all entrances and exits at night.

UNC