The Tab UMiami needs a new editor

And we want some reporters too

The Tab is looking for a new Editor to take up the reigns at UMiami’s most influential student news site. 

We’re looking for charismatic, driven, and talented individuals to set the agenda in UMiami. This is your chance to be part of a fun, innovative and forward-thinking news organisation with five million monthly readers.

We make a big deal about how we can help our reporters get jobs, training and money. You cannot get these opportunities anywhere else  – and we do great socials.

The UM editor will be able to draw on the experience of our professional editors in New York, who have written for Newsweek, VICE and The Guardian. Tab exclusives have been picked up by the New York Times, the Washington Post, Gawker, BuzzFeed among several others.

The Tab UMiami has been read by 30,000 people this semester alone and growing. As Editor, you will have overall responsibility for all the stories we put out.  All section editors and the marketing team report to you. Your role involves everything from assisting with sub-editing, chairing weekly team meetings, and making sure we break the biggest stories and showcase the best writing at Miami.

How to apply

Email [email protected] by Tuesday 3rd May, including:

• Three article ideas 
  • 50-200 words on why you would make a good editor
  • How you would add 10 reporters to our team
  • How you would manage and organise a team of writers
University of Miami