The best places to cry on campus

Just let it out, dude

Due to the awesome feedback and enthusiasm we received after revealing our favorite places to poop on campus article, The Tab has returned with another emotional endeavor students sadly face every day: the best places to cry on campus.

Yup, that’s right. This is for the time you took an exam you barely studied for, the paper that just didn’t get handed in on time, the night when you were drunk after a break up and ate your Ben & Jerry’s Chunky Munky on your friend’s couch.

OK, so maybe you’ve never done any of these things before and you’re just reading this in class because your sick of your professor’s monotonous voice.

Or maybe you’re reading this during your lecture because you’d be falling asleep otherwise… I mean, what?

Regardless, we’ve received some pretty great (and hilarious) places for students to sniffle, sob and blubber at UMass Amherst. Here’s what we got.

The Fine Arts Center

Aw yeah, that cinderblock of a building has huge bathrooms for people to hug and cry it out after a stressful day.

Being the home of the Architecture & Design, Theater, and Music Departments (and even a contemporary art museum), there are plenty of weeping havens to go around.

The Library

The favorite place to excrete Indian food from Harvest happens to be one of the top places to lament in your sorrows as well: the W.E.B. Dubois Library.

With book stacks and individual desks galore, there’s a plethora of nooks and crannies for students to have a quarter life crisis in.

Plus, there’s a café on the first floor to nourish your body while you bawl your eyes out. Who wouldn’t want a bowl of buffalo mac ‘n cheese after a good cry?

On the PVTA

You’re sitting on the bus after a long day. You (hopefully) passed your exam after pulling an all-nighter – it’s thirty percent of your grade. You have another paper to write, a group project, rent to pay, roommates who haven’t seen you all week…the list goes on.

In the middle of listening to some Beach House or Brand New, you start to tear up on the way home. It happens.

Those other people on the bus will not judge you – just do you.

Of course, these were just the top three picks for best places to whimper and wail. But realistically, it’s all personal preference.

There is no perfect place to dispense your tears – but some locations seem to fit better than others.

UMass Amherst