VOTE: What will you miss most about UCSB?

If you had to pick one thing

Everyone knows that UCSB is the best place to go to school on the planet. But even the best of times have to come to an end. Whether you’re leaving forever or just for the summer, you’re going to spend most of your time away wishing you were back in IV. So why not vote for the thing you’ll miss the most?

Davidson Library

Davidson Library has been like another home away from home for UCSB students. We’ve studied there, slept there, ate there, and have cried there. Some of us have seen the sun set and rise there. There is no UCSB without Davidson Library.

Elote Man

You might be able to find elote, raspados, duritos, and mangonada elsewhere, but you’ll always have love for IV’s Elote Man and his wife.

Office Hours

While we often take office hours for granted, they’re a great way to conveniently talk and discuss concerns with someone with more experience than us. Good luck trying to get office hours with your boss.

Skateboard Lane and Bike Loop

Sure, other campuses have bike lanes but we’ve got one just for skateboards! It’s the little things like witnessing or participating in our fair share of bike accidents by the bike loop and trying to get over those pesky yellow bumps while skating that matter.

Tortilla Tossing

Watching a MSL game or are fortunate to attend a FIFA World Cup? Sorry, you can’t toss your tortillas.

Dogs

Shout out to the dogs running around at the SRB lawn, to the dogs pulling their skateboarding owners, to the dogs that gave Dog Shit Park its name, to the dogs that relieve our stress during dead week, to the dogs that show up on Free & For Sale posts looking for their owners and to all the dogs running on the beach. Dogs of IV, you’ll all be missed.

The sense of community

Gauchos have a strong sense of community. Whether its getting together in one of the many student clubs on campus, to gathering at Anisq’Oyo’ park for community festivals, or paddling out into the ocean during the IV Memorial Paddle Out, Gauchos really do got your back.

Scenic Bike/Running Trails

Santa Barbara has some of the most scenic bike and running trails. It’s no surprise that it is part of the annual AMGEN Tour of California where world renown cyclists compete. Luckily for us, we get access to it every single day.

Big Sur

Party Proximity

Where’s the Del Playa? We’ve never had to ask that question (unless to of course, mock the OOTs). In what other neighborhood can walking into a house full of people partying and having a good time be a part of your day and night weekend stroll? Shout out to Del Playa, Trigo, Sueno, and all the other streets for making our nights and days.

Streets of DP

Buffalo Chicken Fries

And let’s be honest. Most of our late night SBmenu orders consisted of IV Deli’s weirdly addictive Buffalo Chicken Fries.

SBmenus.com

We’ll forever be grateful for the delivery guys at SBmenus for having our backs during the weird late hours when hunger calls.

Bagel cafe

Sure you can get bagels almost anywhere, but nothing compares to the feeling of starting your day out at BC with a Hampton bagel after a long night out.

Freebirds

Does this really need an explanation?

UC Santa Barbara