UConn remains under Title IX investigation

The case under investigation has been open since February 17, 2015

UConn has been under Title IX investigation for over a year.

As of February 24, 2016, a list has been released of post-secondary institutions that have been listed as pending Title IX sexual violence undergoing investigation. According to the list, there are 208 sexual violence cases under investigation at 167 colleges, universities, and other institutions.

A press release from May 2014 states details will not be discussed as to why these institutions remain under investigation, but once the investigation has come to a close, it is possible to request to discover the progress of the case.

The University of Connecticut’s has remained among the other universities since February 17, 2015.

All colleges and universities receiving federal funds must comply with Title IX. Not abiding to do so makes them a target for federal investigation.

“We are making this list available in an effort to bring more transparency to our enforcement work and to foster better public awareness of civil rights,” Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights Catherine E. Lhamon said.

If you or someone you know ever needs to file a report about a sexual assault, you can do so on the UConn Title IX site.

University of Connecticut