Taylor Swift donates $1989 to UConn HuskyTHON

We never thought this would happen in out Wildest Dreams

Shaking it off for a great cause!

Pop sensation Taylor Swift has made a donation to one of her die-hard fans, who was dancing in this year’s HuskyTHON.

The Bad Blood singer sent $1989 to Igor Lekontsev, and wished him luck via FaceTime.

Tay Tay FaceTiming Igor

This weekend hundreds of UConn students danced the night and day away for an eighteen hourĀ fundraiser for Connecticut Children’s Medical Center. Students gather together for hours of fun, joy, and to help raise money for childrenĀ in need. From 2001 over half a million dollars have been donated to this cause, and the numbers continue to grow.

From sororities, to fraternities, to dance teams, groups of students came together to support a child from the Connecticut Children’s Medical center. And boy oh boy was it a heartwarming experience for all!

As the students danced away for this spectacular cause, the donations kept rolling in! Families, friends, and other students showed their love and support by sending in generous donations!

One of the most shocking donations came in around 6pm, when it was announced that Taylor Swift herself had donated $1989 to one of her biggest fans, to support HuskyTHon. Incredible and generous, this donation only fueled the hearts of the dancers even more!

The donation from Taylor Swift this weekend was such an amazing addition to the amazing charity put on by UConn students. Not only was it generous, but it also inspires us to keep believing that anything is possible. And it shows that that if a big time pop star can recognize a small college in Connecticut, we all have the ability in our hearts to show a little love for such an important cause! The effort put on by our students this weekend was absolutely incredible and the joy it brings just one child is worth the hard work!

University of Connecticut national-us