Lyft is named the official ride of Temple Owls

To kickoff the new partnership, Lyft is offering a promo for all Temple students

Today, Temple University Athletics named rideshare company Lyft a new partner and “Official Ride of the Temple Owls.”

As the Temple Owls look forward to the 2017-18 basketball season, Lyft will be Temple’s preferred transportation option for Temple fans traveling to or from games and events.

What does this mean to students on campus? Lyft will be offering a $0.99 Lyft Line rides on Temple’s campus starting today through Thursday, November 30th with the promo code “TUOWLS17.”

New riders who use promo code "LETSGOOWLS” will receive up to $10 off their first ride as well.

“We’re proud to partner with Temple Athletics to offer a safe, affordable, and reliable ride to Temple fans,” said Andrew Woolf, General Manager of Pennsylvania for Lyft. “It’s an honor to serve as the Owls’ ‘official ride,’ and we look forward to partnering with Temple for years to come.”

According to the press release from Lyft, students can look forward to a special Lyft VIP section at the Cherry Zone student section including a Lyft “Rally Cam” video board promotions, as well as merchandise and ride credit giveaways at basketball games throughout the season.

There will also be designated locations from Lyft to improve the pickup and drop off experience.

Temple University's Deputy Director of Athletics Craig Angelos stated this a great partnership for the whole Temple community.

“Taking a Lyft is a great way for our fans to get to and from games. But this partnership is about more than that. It’s about having a partner we see eye-to-eye with and who shares the same values that Temple University is founded on. We’re proud to partner with Lyft to offer students, alumni, and fans convenient and affordable transportation.”

Temple University