There’s a new St. Patrick’s Day tradition just for Temple

Spring break might be over, but we’re just getting started

The St. Paddy’s Day event, Temple’s Blarney Blast 2016, is happening this Saturday at 12pm and is hosted by 1953 N Gratz.

After coming back from spring break, Temple Students have been blessed with great weather on campus, and everyone is pretty much enjoying every single second of it.

What’s even better news than the warm weather?

A couple of Temple students are attempting to create an annual St. Paddy’s Day themed event, Temple’s Blarney Blast 2016, like Temple U has never seen before.

Many schools have their own St. Patrick’s annual traditions, but until now Temple hasn’t. It’s time for that to change in 2016. We talked to the people who are hosting the event, and they told The Tab that if Saturday is a success, this will hopefully become an annual tradition.

The Temple Blarney Blast is planned to last over five hours, which is promising not to disappoint with DJs, food, and contests for everyone to enjoy. The weather for Saturday is even supposed to be nice (thanks weather). We shouldn’t forget to mention that there will also be money prizes throughout the event. There will also be a classic beer pong tournament, four kegs, and green Jello shots for sale.

Owls, it’s time to take out your “Kiss me, I’m Irish” shirts and help start a new Temple tradition. If you’re planning to attend, the admission is $10 for guys, and girls are free.

Temple University